25: Figure of Speech

Savannah:
"Savannah," Brandon calls my name. I glare at him and continue my walk up to my bedroom. I could hear his foot steps behind me. I grimace when his hand wraps around my arm. "Please, stop." He begs tugging on my arm. I stop in my tracks facing him. "What?" I snap. His eyes search mine. I could see that he was hurt. "How is she?" He asks. I pull my arm out of his grip. "How do you think she is?" I ask. He takes a deep breath. "Look, I didn't reject her." He states. I raise my eyebrow at him. He shakes his head at me and take another step towards me. "I..I know. Okay. I know that I have feeling for May. I've always known but-God doesn't that bother you?" He asks. I'm taken back by his question. I slowly shake my head. "Brandon, would it bother you if I had feeling for Colton?" I ask. The words sound so foreign coming out of my mouth. Brandon tenses and narrows his eyes at me. "Do you?" He asks. I huff at him. "Just answer the question." I remark. He thinks about it for a moment. I already knew the answer but I wanted him to say it out loud. "Yes." He states. "Even if he made me happy?" I ask. Brandon doesn't hesitate to answer. "Even if he made you happy." He states. I felt a little angry with him. How could he be so selfish? "Why?" I find myself asking. "Because of his reputation." He said. I roll my eyes at him. "You're one to talk." I mumble. "Do you have feeling for him, Savannah?" Brandon asks. Did I have feelings for him? Yes, I guess in some way I did. Not enough to act on them. He felt safe and secure. "No," I lied. A look of relief appears on Brandon's face. "To answer your question, no. It doesn't bother me that you want to be with May. You know why? Because if it meant that you would be happy, I would be okay with it." I said. A guilty look appears on his face. "Van," His voice sounds forced. I shake my head. "Just..stop being an asshole and tell her how you feel. She deserves to be happy." I breath out. Brandon grins happily at me. "But if you hurt her in any way, I will attack you." I threaten him. He wraps his arms around me and laughs. "I promise I won't." He pleads. I sighs hugging him back. "Where is she?" He asks pulling back. "At home. Her parents are gone so now's the perfect time to go." I reply. He starts to turn but I grab onto the collar of his shirt. "Go shower. You stink." I reply. He chuckles at me but runs up the stairs. I can't believe this is actually happening. I turn walking the rest of the way up the stairs. I pause outside of Colton's door but decide against walking in. I push open my bedroom door and step inside. I close the door behind me and drive onto my bed. "Hmm, bed how I've missed you." I mumble against pillow. I snuggle closer to it and close my eyes. Majority of the night I spent it consoling May. She couldn't stop crying. So I didn't get much sleep. I tried to open my eyes again but they felt heavy. "Wish me luck!" Brandon yells as he runs down the stairs. And mentally I do. I pray that everything goes good and they work things out. I pull my knees closer to my chest to keep warm. Vaguely, I hear my bedroom door open but I couldn't open my eyes. I shiver when the feeling something warm covers my body. "Beautiful," A voice whispers. Then I drift off into a deep sleep. I don't know how long I'm asleep or what time it is when I start to wake up. My room is now dark and it's quiet. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes. "Brandon?" I call. No answer. I sigh, pushing the blanket off of me. Confusion fills me. I don't remember covering up. "Colton?" I call as I get off the bed. A few moments later my bedroom door opens and the light turns on. I grimace at the brightness. "What's wrong?" He asks. I shake my head. "What time is it?" I ask. He looks at me then pulls out his phone. "7:30. Why?" He asks. I groan. "I slept the whole day?" I ask annoyed. "Seems like it." He remarks. I grab my phone off of my bed and sigh. "Well, have you eaten?" I asked. He shakes his head no. "Do you wanna go grab a bite to eat? I'm hungry." I say. He chuckles in agreement. I shove my feet back into my toms and walk towards him. Colton steps out into the hall as I close my door behind me. He turns walking down the stairs with me trailing behind him. "Mine or yours?" He asked. I felt my cheeks redden at the question. "What?" I ask. "Your car or mine?" He asks. "Hmm, yours but only if I get to drive." I bargain. He shakes his head but tosses me his car keys. I smile happily at him. We walk out of the house and towards his car. "I'm in the mood for pizza." I say. He groans. "Then why can't we stay home and order it?" He asks. I roll my eyes at him and climb into the car. "What's the fun in that?" I ask. He grunts but doesn't reply. I start his car and back out of the drive. As we drove into town I got a brilliant idea. "So, here's the deal. You're going to Little Cesuras. Pick up a pepperoni pizza then run back out." I announce. Colton looks at me like I'm crazy. "Why can't you do it?" He asks. "Because..alright fine. I can do it." I said. He shakes his head at me. "No, I got it." He assured me. I roll my eyes. Just to be complicated. I thought to myself. When I pull into little Cesuras parking lot, Colton gets out and buys the pizza. When he comes back to the car the amazing aroma fills my nose. I felt my mouth start to water as I drove out of town. "Where are we going?" Colton asks. I make a left turn and head down a dirt road. "Are you going to kill me? Is that why you wanted to drive?" He asks. I laugh at him. "What? No, why would I kill you?" I ask glancing at him. He shrugs his shoulders. I park the car behind the fence that over looked the pier. I turn off his car and climb out. "Come on, slow poke." I say closing the door. Colton climbs out as well. I take a seat on the hood of the car. Colton sits besides me. For a little while we sit and eat pizza in silence. The town lights twinkling around us. "Did you mean what you said to Brandon?" Colton asks. I slowly the pizza in my mouth and look at him. "When?" I ask. "Earlier. On the stairs." He answered vaguely. I think about earlier then nod. "Oh, that." I said. "Yeah, that." He conforms. I take a deep breath. "Yeah, I meant it." I whisper. "So, if you did like me, you wouldn't be with me because Brandon said so?" He asks. I look away from him to the lights. "No, if I did, I wouldn't care about Brandon's opinion." I say. I see him smile from the corner of my eye. "But it was just a figure of speech." I remark glancing at him. His gaze meets mine. "Of course." He agrees. I nod. "Besides, I'm with Mason. So it doesn't change anything." I say looking away again. Colton shifts beside me. "Reed." He states shaking his head. "It's always Reed." He mumbles more to himself then to me. I could hear the bitterness in his voice. My heart sinks to my stomach. Why did I feel guilty about being Mason?