6: Werido

Savannah:
2:37 am.
I try calling Brandon for the fourth time tonight but I was sent to voicemail yet again. I groan tossing my cellphone onto the couch and stand up. I start to pace around the room. I'm going to kill him. Yet I was still slightly annoyed with myself for getting so worked up worrying about him. My ears perk when I hear the front door open. I run to the hall entrance only to find Colton. "Ugh, it's you." I mutter. He makes a face at me. "Nice to see you too." He replies with a chuckle. I roll my eyes at him and close the front door. "What's up your butt?" He asks. I lean against the door looking at him. "Where's Brandon?" I ask. He lets out a small laugh. "Settle down mama he's fine." Colton states walking into the living room. "Thomas is taking him home. He'll be here in the morning." He adds slumping down on the couch. I watch him for a moment. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "I can feel you looking at me." Colton mutters. I sigh taking a seat beside him. "You stress me out." I say. Colton opens his eyes looking at me. "Why?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders. I look over at him and he looks back at me. I shake my head looking away from him. We fall into a comfortable silence for a moment. I jump when his head lays on my shoulder. "Colton?" I whisper his name. He moves his head indicating that he's listening. "W-why are you staying with us? I mean why can't you stay at your house." I ask. A long silence fills the room. For a moment I think that he's fallen asleep. The sound of his voice startles me. "I dunno if Brandon told you but my parents are divorced," Colton pauses. "I've bounced back and forth from their houses since I was eight. Until a few years ago when my mom told me that she didn't want me around anymore. So I went to stay with my dad." Colton lifts his head looking up at me. A pain looked appears on his face. "My old man kicked me out because I wouldn't take his shit anymore. So you're parents offered me a place to stay until graduation." Colton explains. So he wasn't just staying for a few months. "I'm sorry." I whisper. Colton tenses and stands up. "Okay, I didn't tell you because I wanted you to feel sorry for me. I don't want your pity party." He snaps. I look up at him in shock but it's quickly replaced with anger. "Pity? You think I pity you Colton. For a moment I thought-" I stop myself. "You know what? Think whatever you want. I don't care." I grumble. I shoot him a dirty look then walk past him going to my bedroom. The nerve of that boy! Here I was thinking that we could actually get along for once but no. He has to go and ruin it. Once I reach my room I close the door behind me. I walk to my closet changing into a tank top with spandex. I plug my phone into the charger then lay down beside Mason. I had considered taking him home but I knew there was no way I could get him past his parents. They wouldn't be to thrilled about Mason drinking. So I brought him home with me. Only getting him out of the car and into the house to my bedroom rendered to be harder. He was insistent on touching everything on our way up to my room. I lay on my side with my back to him. I close my eyes drifting off to sleep. After a while I'm drawn out of my peaceful sleep to the sound of movement outside of my door. I push the covers back leaving the safety of my bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom. I push the door open to find Colton kneeling over the toilet. He groans laying his head on the seat. Hesitantly, I kneel down behind him and touch his back. He tenses under my touch. I make small circular motions on his back. "You don't have to say in here." His voice sounds groggy. I open my mouth to speak but I'm cut off by the sound of him getting sick. I lay my head on his back trying to block some of the smell from getting to my nose. He groans again. "Sav, go." He mutters. I shake head still holding onto him. After a few minutes he sits up. "I think I'm done." He says. I nod standing up then help him to his feet. I flush the toilet having him sit on the side of the tub. "Here," I grab his tooth brush putting tooth paste on it. "Open," I order. Reluctantly he opens his mouth. I try to brush his teeth to the best of my ability but it was hard. He wouldn't stop moving. I loop my arm around his neck and hold his head still. He groans but I ignore him. "Stop being a baby. You'll thank me in the morning." I whisper. I step away from him and rinse the tooth brush. I grab a disposable cup with water and the other empty. He rinsed his mouth and spit the tooth paste out in the empty cup. I toss the cups in the trash then wipe his mouth with a wash cloth. "Let's get you to bed." I say. I hook my arms under his and hoist him to his feet. He applies some pressure against me as we walk back to his bedroom. "You don't have to help." Colton mumbles. I shake my head at him. "I may be a lot of things but mean to a sick person isn't one of them. Even if it is they're fault." I say softly. He takes a seat on the end of the bed. I jump when his hand touches my outer thigh. It sends warm shivers up my leg. A flash of wonder appears in my mind. He breaths out slowly running his hand up my thigh. "You shouldn't wear these." His voice his raspy. He pulls on the hem of my spandex. I swat his hand away and step back. "Why not?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders and stands up. I watch him stumble to his dresser pulling out a tee shirt. "Here," He walks towards me. Giving me no choice he pulls the shirt over my head. "What are you doing?" I ask. He grabs my arm pulling it through the sleeves. "If you're going to be laying in bed with Reed, I'd feel safer with you in this." He says as he pulls the shirt down. "We don't-" He cuts me off throwing his hand over my mouth. I'm have tempted to bite him. I pull his hand away. "It's protection." He states happily. I give him a strange look and shake my head. He stumbles back towards the bed. I wait until he's under the covers to walk to the door. I turn off the bedroom light and grab the door handle. "Hey, Savannah?" Colton calls. "Yeah?" I reply. "Reed's a lucky guy." He announces. I stand there dumbfounded for a moment. "Don't be a weirdo." I grumble. I close the door then head back into my bedroom. What does that even mean? I shake the thought away crawling back into bed.