35: Drinks

Savannah:
"So," Melanie looked at me. We've been contemplating on whether or not to attend some kids party. After a very slow week of school going to a party didn't seem like a bad idea. "I suppose we can go. I don't have anything better to do." I agree. She smiles happily at me. "Great. So I'll go home and get ready then I'll swing by to pick you up." She said. I nod in agreement. She grabs her phone off my bed and leaves the room. I focus my attention on trying to find something to wear. After changing my mind multiple times I finally settled on a blue crop top and overall shorts. I straightened my hair and did my makeup. Once I was finished I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs. May and Brandon sat on the couch watching a movie. I heard Colton tell Brandon he was going on a date with Chloe. "You going out?" Brandon asked. I look at him and nod. Things between us have been a little awkward since my episode with Mason. We haven't really talked. May has tried to talk to me but things are still bad between us. I know she doesn't like the fact that I've been hanging out with Melanie. "With Mason?" Brandon asked. The sound of his name makes my heart clench. I shake my head and look away. "No, we're not together anymore." I inform him. "Since when?" May asks. I forced myself not to reply with a sarcastic tone. "Few weeks." I say but don't look at her. She would know if she was there for me. Thankfully nothing else was said of the matter because Melanie pulled up the house. "Well, I'll be back soon." I inform Brandon. "Oh, I won't be home. I'm staying at May's tonight." Brandon announced. I nod my head and leave the house. I didn't know what else I could say to him. Mel greets me when I climb into her car. She pulls away after I close the door. "So, David messaged me, he said the party is packed tonight." She informed me. "David?" I ask. She nods turning left. "Some kid that's in my math class. He's pretty cute." She smiles glancing at me. I shake my head but smile back at her. "Who's all going?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulders. "Some prep kids from Trinity and people from our school. It's supposed to be the biggest party of the year but who knows." She said. "My parties are pretty awesome." She adds with a grin. Of course she would think her parties are awesome. I mess with the stations as we drive to the party. I half listen to Melanie talk about this David kid but my mind seemed to be somewhere else. I couldn't get this weird feeing off my chest. "Are you drinking tonight?" Melanie asked. "I wasn't planning on it." I admit. She nods thoughtfully. As Melanie had mentioned before there was a lot of people. We had to park three blocks away before we found an open spot. "Well, my parties have never been this cool." Mel admitted. I chuckled at her. We walked down the street and finally arrived at the house. I grabbed Mel's arm as she lead the way into the packed house. The music was blaring loudly and I could barely walk without bumping into anyone. Eventually though we made it to an open area. Mel turned to face me. "I've never seen so many people." She mumbled in my ear. I nod in agreement. A guy with brown hair approaches us. Two red solo cups in his hands and a smile on his face. "Ladies, welcome." He shouted over the music. He hand brushed against mine as he placed the cup in my hand. "David, this is my friend Savannah." Mel introduced us. He smiled as he shook my hand then turned his attention back to Mel. I took a sip of the drink in my cup. It tasted like cherries. I stood awkwardly beside Mel and David as they talked. It didn't take me long to finish my drink. "You want to dance?" A kid with blonde hair asked. I glance at Mel who nods in approval. "Sure." I say. I set the cup down and grab his hand. He leads the way to the dance area. His hands find my hips pulling towards him. I close my eyes feeling the beat of the music. After a few songs I found myself getting thirsty. "I'll be back." I say. I push my way through the crowd find the stand with drinks. I grab one of the cups drinking it quickly before grabbing another. "There you are. I was looking for you." Mel appeared beside me as I finished my second cup. She handed me another then pulls me away. "His name is Marcus by the way." She yelled in my ear over the music. "Who?" I ask. "The kid you where dancing with." She says. We make our way into a family room type area. There was a round table in the corner. Melanie sits down in one of the seats and I take the one beside her. "Guys, this is Savannah." She introduced me. "Van, this is Marcus, who you know. James, Jed, Lilith and her girlfriend Susan." Melanie says. I wave at them a little. "We're gonna play Never have I ever. It's a drinking game. Do you know it?" She asks. I nod. "Great. I'll go first." Melanie said. She thought for a moment then smiled. "Never have I ever played a drinking game." She said. Of course everyone else took a drink but me. This was my first drinking game. "James go." Mel said since he was beside her. Before he gets the chance to say anything Olivia appears beside the table. "Can I join?" She asked. Melanie looked away from her and at me. I shrug my shoulders. "I don't think-"
"She's fine." I cut Mel off. Olivia looked surprised but took a seat beside Marcus. James cleared his throat. "Never have I ever kissed someone of the same sex." He said. Lilith and Susan took a drink then it was Marcus's turn. "Never have I ever wanted to kiss someone I couldn't." He said. I found myself taking a drink. Melanie laughed. "Who?" She asked me. I pressed my lips together and smiled. She rolls her eyes. "My turn." Olivia said. "Never have I ever cheated on a test." She smiled. Of course she was to busy ruining relationships. We all took a shot. I didn't really listen to anyone else's statements. I took shots until finally it was my turn. Olivia looked at me worriedly. "Never have I ever hurt someone intentionally." I say. Olivia was the only one to take a drink. Melanie gave me a worried look but went next. "Never have I ever broke someone's trust." She said. Again Olivia took a drink. I felt myself getting annoyed. I grab the bottle from Marcus's hands and took a few sips. "I think I'm done. How are things with Mason?" I ask Olivia. I leave the bottle on the table and walk away. I was stupid for thinking I could be around her without getting angry.