33: Offical

Savannah:
I'm officially crazy.
I was blinded by anger that I didn't care how bad things had gotten. All of the pent of frustration that I had was now gone. Now, I felt empty, tired and drained. I didn't know what time it was or how I'd gotten to bed but I didn't want to open my eyes to check. I mentally groan when Brandon's alarm starts to go off. I turn onto my back and face the ceiling. I lay here for a few moments then get out of bed. My head was killing me and I felt like death. I threw on a pair of black leggings and a white
v-neck tee. I throw my hair up into a messy bun as I shove my feet into shoes. In the next room I could hear Colton getting out of bed. I grab my phone heading downstairs. Thankfully neither of the boys had come down yet. I grab a water from the fridge then leave the house heading to school. I didn't want to get a ride from them today only because I didn't know what I would say. I turn my head when a car honks from behind me. Mel slows down to a stop. "Want a ride, dork?" She smiles. I roll my eyes at her but get into the car. She waits until I buckle up to drive again. "Anything interesting happen?" She asks causally. I glance at her at the same moment she looks at me. A frown forms on her face. "What happened?" She asks. I told her about everything that happened last night and the way I reacted. The entire time she stayed quiet and didn't say anything to me. When I finish we both sit in a comfortable silence. She seemed to be processing everything I had said. "So, what do you think will happen now?" She asked suddenly. I shrug my shoulders completely unsure. "Now, I take each day as it comes because I don't know what else I can do." I remark. She pulls into the school parking lot and turns off the car. "That bastard. I wanna kick him where the sun don't shine." She grumbles in annoyance. I found myself agreeing with her. I grab my bag and climb out of the car. Mel walks around the car and throws her arm around me. "Don't worry, dork, you've got me." She grins. I roll my eyes at her but can't help the smile that creeps onto my face. "I don't think dork is a term of endearment." I mumble. She playfully slaps my arm. "It is for me. Besides, I don't want you going all soft on me." She jokes pulling her arm away from me. I shake my head at her. The hallways were still empty as we walk inside the school. "We have an assembly first thing this morning. Do you wanna sit with me?" She asks. I looking at her in a doubtfully. She rolls her eyes at me. "Don't give me that look." She grumbles. I still didn't feel sure about this. She takes a deep breath and grabs my arm. "Look, I know that before we didn't get along and that we disliked each other." She pauses. "But after everything that's happened all that is behind us. I don't hate you. Don't get me wrong sometimes I wanna punch you but I do care about you. I wouldn't go out of my way to become friends with you if I didn't like you." She adds. I think about it a moment. She did tell me the truth about Mason. She apologized for the way she behaved because of Blake. She has been here for me. "Fine. I'll sit with you." I agree. She smiles happily at me. "Okay, I'll meet you by your locker then." She states. I agree then go down the opposite side of the hall to my locker. The bell rings as I place my bag into the locker. I decide to leave my notebook and pens in my locker since we had an assembly. What was it for? "Hey, are you okay?" May appeared beside me. I almost cringe. I was still upset with May. It took me freaking out for her to even realize that something was wrong. Even then she still didn't know. "I'm fine." I lie. She looks at me unsure. I close my locker feeling a little bit awkward about the whole thing. "Uh, I better go to class. I'll see you later." I say softly. She looks hurt by my behavior but I didn't want to be around her. I turn on my heel and head towards my class. I jump when a hand pulls me into an empty door way. My back is pressed against the hall. Mason's hand on both sides of my head. I look up at him. His eyes search mine. "Is this how it's going to be?" He asks. "What is?" I reply. He steps closer to me. I wanted to push him away but I couldn't find the courage to do so. "Me hurting you. You hurting me?" He asks. I felt dumbfounded by his question. "You hurt me first. Besides, I didn't get into bed with anyone else. I was faithful to you." I snap. A look of guilt is evident on his face. I force myself to look away from him. "So what now?" He asks. I shrug my shoulders. I could feel his eyes scanning over my face. His hand touches the side of my face. I look up at him to find that he was leaning in. For a split second I consider it. I wanted to kiss him but I couldn't. I pull away at the last moment. His lips inches from mine. "I can't. We can't." I whisper. He pulls back and looks at me. His eyes are pleading. "Mason," I pull his hands away from my face. "Now...now we must move on. You have to move on. We're never going to be together again. Never. I don't trust you. And even if I found myself to do so there would always be this nagging voice in the back of my mind. I deserve to be happy and clearly so do you since I wasn't good enough." He opens his mouth to speak but I shake my head. "Just let it go, okay? It's done." I pull away from him and run to class. I felt proud of myself for standing up to him but at the same time it saddened me more to know that it was done. We were done. The young kids that fell in love with each other was another lifetime. I walk into class and take my seat towards the back. Slowly the students started to file in then followed by the teacher. "Okay, I'm gonna do a quick roll call because we need to get down to the assembly." The teacher informed us. He scanned the seats then looked at his computer. "Only two missing. Not bad. You guys can go." He announced. I stand up from my seat and head back to my locker to meet with Mel. When I arrive she walks towards me. A smile on her face. "Let's go get rallied!" She cheers. I roll my eyes at her. "What is this for?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulders. "I'm sure it's just something quick." She pauses. "Oh, what are you doing for prom?" She asks. I couldn't help but laugh at her. "We just got back from spring break." I say. She waves me off. "Doesn't matter. We have to plan out months ahead. We'll have to find you a date." She spoke excitedly. I shake my head at her and smile. Her eyes scanning the crowd. "Okay, how about Tony Burns." She points him out to me. I scrunch my nose at her. "You're right. Okay, how about Sammy Write?" She asks. Sammy was cute but he was in a relationship with a girl from another school. I shake my head. "Girlfriend." I mumble. Mel frowns but continues looking through the crowd. "Oh, Tomas Kelly." She grins. "My cousin?" I ask. We look at each other and for some strange reason laugh. I couldn't stop laughing as we walked through the gym doors. "Well that would be a little weird. To bad, he's cute." She states in approval. She grabs my arm pulling me down in the seat beside her. I listen to her talk until the assembly starts.