5: Party Time

Savannah:
I walk up the pathway that led to the front door. I brush past a few people lingering by the entrance and head down the hall. It was a decent party. There was defiantly a lot of people here. I scan the crowd of people searching for Mason but I couldn't find him. I take a seat at the bar area taking a few drinks before I finally spot him at the same time he sees me. "I went to your house but Brandon said you were at May's. I thought you weren't gonna come." He said. I smile at him. He kisses my head taking a seat beside me. "May couldn't come?" He asks. I shake my head. "She rather be ungrounded." I frown. He gives me a sympathetic smile. "Damn her and wanting to be ungrounded." He jokes. I roll my eyes and smile. "So, you gonna hang out with your friends?" I ask. "Not if you don't want me too." He answers. I ponder on it for a moment and shake my head. "Go." I say. He gets up to leave but he stops and kisses me. I smile into the kiss then pull back. "Have fun." He whispers then leaves. I grab a can of soda when Colton appears beside me. "Wow, that was hot. I didn't realize virgins make out." He teased. "Aha, you're so funny." I remark sarcastically. Colton chuckles taking a drink of my soda. "Don't you have anything better to do then stalk me?" I complain. Colton shrugs his shoulders. "This is terrible by the way." He announces looking at the can. "Yeah, well it's not alcohol, so it might not be your thing." I sneer. He rolls his eyes taking another sip of the soda. "You're lucky I convinced Brandon to join the party not crash it. So you're welcome." Colton says taking me. I force a smile. "Lucky me." I smirk snatching my soda back from his hands. He shakes his head taking a seat beside me. "Yes, please take the seat." I grumble. Colton throws his arm around my shoulder and leans in close to me. "Awe, and here I was thinking we were finally starting to get along." He announces. I shrug his arm off of my shoulder and hop off of the bar stool. "I don't know what gave you that idea but enjoy your night." I declare patting his knee then walk off. I step out of the room and back down the hall. I make it half way when someone bumps into me. "I'm sorry," I apologize. "Vanna, hello." Thomas greets me. Thomas was another one of my brothers friends. He plays on the team with them. Thomas had a tall slender figure and square shoulders. He was attractive in a strange way. I think it's his welcoming smile and warm eyes that draw you in.
"Thomas." I say. He leans in closer to me letting someone walk past us. "Where's you're brother?" He asks. "Around. Do you need him for something?" I ask. He shakes his head. I nod. "I'll see you later." I say patting his shoulder. I step into a back room that had a pool table set up in the middle of the room underneath a blue light. The rest of the room was dark. I walk along the wall trying not to trip over anyone else as I try to get a closer look at who's playing. I avert my attention from the pool table for a moment when the sound of laughing draws in my attention. Melanie was leaning against the wall with guy whispering in her ear. Her hands where wrapped around his hips going dangerously low to his ass. I hope he's up to date on his shots. I roll my eyes turning away from them walking towards the table. I squint my eyes in order to see who's leaning over the table. A guy with short black hair hits one of the balls sending it into one of the slots. He stands up straight with a smile. It doesn't take me long to recognize who he is. Blake. I wanted to smack off the cocky demeanor from his face. If there was someone I hated more than anything it this world it was Blake. "Anyone else?" He asks scanning the faces closer to the table. No one volunteers. His eyes meet mine and he smiles. "Savannah," He points the pool stick in my direction. I wanted to shove that stick so far up his ass he would taste it for the rest of his life. Maybe it would hit his brain hard enough to knock some sense into him. I step closer to the table grabbing the pool stick from the kid that just lost against Blake. "Like old times, huh?" He asks. "You make me wanna barf." I announce. He chuckles setting the game back up. "You first." He says. I bump my shoulder into his as I walk past him. He lets out a low chuckle. I break the fifteen pool balls at an angle shot. Blake leans over the table and shoots a stripped ball into the slot. "Looks like you're solids." He said. He tries to get another ball in but it doesn't work. I roll my eyes, focusing back on the table. I was good at pool. When Blake and May where together he showed me a few tricks. Every Friday night the three of us would go to Dave&Busters to play. I lean over the table shooting a ball in and then another. I tried for a third but it doesn't work. "I forgot how good you were." Blake admits. I look at him from across the table. "Wow, that sounded like an almost compliment." I remark bitterly. He laughs, trying to shoot another ball in but misses. "Would you like me to compliment you?" He asks flirtatiously. "I would rather die." I answer. I shoot one more ball into the slot but miss the second again. I watch as Blake moves around the table trying to find a good angle. He stands beside me and leans over to a shot but misses. I try to take my turn but he speaks up. "How's your little friend?" He whispers beside me. I don't know if he meant it as a distraction but it lights something inside of me. I stand up straight looking him in the eyes. I could smell his nasty cologne. "Careful. You may lose more than you're dignity if you keep talking." I warn him. He narrows his eyes at me. "You gonna get your big bad brother to defend you?" He asks mockingly. "No. Because I will personally cut your penis off and make you choke on it." I whisper so that only he can hear me. His eyes widen at my threat and I smile sweetly at him. "Don't forget that I know every well where you sleep at night." I add. It takes him a moment to compose himself. "I'm not scared of a little girl." He sneers. "I don't need you to be. I just need you to remember how crazy I am. I'm done, so you win by default." I announce. He gets out a shaky breath as I walk away from him. Don't mess with me when it comes to my best friend. I wanted to do more then threaten him. He hurt my best friend in more ways than one and I wanted him to pay. "Savannah," Erin greets me. Erin was and is Mason's best friend. The two of them grew up next door to each other. Erin was a little taller than Mason and was a little thicker. He had a baby face but was still attractive. "What's up?" I ask. He takes a deep breath. "Mason's in the upstairs bathroom. Hurling his guts out." Erin answers. A shiver pricks over my skin. I push past the crowd of people trying to get upstairs. "Excuse me." I elbow my way past people on stairs finally making it down the hall. I step into the bathroom to find Mason leaning over the toilet. I crouch down beside him. He tries to shrug my hands off his shoulders. "Hey, it's me." I say walking to the other side. Mason lifts his head with a groan. He smiles weakly at me. "You're so pretty." He states. I push some of his hair away from his face. "So are you. Come on." I grab his hands helping him onto his feet. He drapes his arm around my neck. "I had to many shots." He complains. A few people move out of our way as I lead the way down the stairs. "Did you drive?" I ask. He nods his head. I reach into his jean pocket grabbing out the keys. I start to stumble as Mason trips. "Come on, babe, just hold onto me." I say retightening my hold on his sweatshirt.