He Opens Up

He Opens Up

Jack:

"Jack, what's on your mind?" You asked Jack one night when you two were out on your family's fire escape and he seemed a little down in the dumps.

"(Y/N), I need ta tell ya sumtin." He sighed heavily.

"Ok, what is it me cavaliere in un cappello da cowboy?" (My knight in a cowboy hat) You encouraged him. He smiled a bit by your use of that phrase he had gotten to know so well over the past few months.

"Well strambo, I lied ta ya." He blew a lot of air out of his mouth and raked his hand threw his beautiful dark blond hair. I wish I could touch it you thought.

"We all lie about something." You shrugged.

"I'll uh not blame you if uh ya wanna call dis off afta dis." He exhaled worryingly hard.

"Jack, you are scaring me." You stated with worry lacing your words.

"My name ain't Jack Kelly." He muttered so softly you barely could make out what he had said.

"So, you really think I would break off the best thing in my life because of a name?" You laughed so hard you could barely breath.

"You shoi?" He chuckled.

"Stupido, sono caduto per la vostra personalità non tuo nome." You told him in Italian because you could not formulate a rational thought in English at the moment because you were laughing so hard.

"Hu?" Jack, or whatever his name is asked with his face twisted in confusion. His Italian was coming along but he still had a long way to go.

"I said, I fell for your personality, not your name." You responded as soon as you had some semblance of normality return to your person.

"Oh, So you don't mind dat me name's Francis Sullivan?" He asked shocked.

"Not at all, as my brother who was telling me a play he had learned in school said; 'What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.'" You pecked him on the cheek. "And Jack or Francis, whoever you are, you are still me cavaliere in un cappello da cowboy." You pecked him again.

Davey:

"David, you are practically perfect in every way." You snuggled closer to him as you two were lying down on the roof of his family's tenement building staring at the pitch black sky.

"Ha, ha, I forgot how to laugh." David grunted.

"I'm being serious." You reiterated.

"What about practically abandoning you on our first date?" He challenged.

"That wasn't your fault." You reminded him.

"Regardless, it was inconsiderate." He mumbled.

"You are just too sweet." You cooed.

"I'm not sure if I can protect you." He sighed.

"What?" You asked astounded not sure if you heard him right.

"I mean I couldn't stand up against the Delance brothers when they tried to attack Sara." He admitted.

"David, I actually prefer the fact that you're a lover not a fighter." You planted a kiss to his temple.

"I can't believe I got this lucky." David breathed.

"I was just thinking the same thing." You mumbled digging your face into the crook of his neck and he tightened his hold on you. "Besides, I think you've gotten quite a bit more muscular since then." You giggled.