Something Old, Something New...

...Happy New Year!!!...

Ok, so I really love this idea and I've been hatching it since the fall semester of 2016! So I really hope it's as good as I think it is! 

I have another wedding themed one requested and I should have that up sooner rather than later preferably. This just fit better first! 

---Enjoy folks!---

______________________

---Jack---

-Something Old-

"Nonna, grazie! Non avete idea di che cosa questo significa alla me!" (Grandmother, thank you! You have no idea what this means to me!) you exclaimed as your grandmother pinned the veil she'd worn many many years ago at her own wedding back in Italy to your hair as you got ready to walk down the aisle to finally marry the love of your life Jack Kelly. 

"Sei molto gradito, cara ragazza!" (You are very welcome, dear girl!) She kissed both of your cheeks before pulling the veil over your face, both of you grinning from ear to ear. 

-Something New-

"Momma, this dress is beautiful, thank you so much for helping me with this!" you were wiping away tears that were running down your cheeks from pure joy as you looked down at the simple dress you and your mother had sewn together. 

"You are so welcome, it makes me proud that you have found yourself such a fine young man to settle down with!" She took your hands into hers giving them a loving squeeze. You couldn't be happier that your family so readily approved of Jack. Just then, your mother started to let tears of her own slip from her eyes. "My baby girl's all grown up now." She hugged you closely. 

-Something Borrowed-

"Why do I have to wear Margarite's slip?" You questioned the long-standing tradition as your mother handed you your sister-in-law's slip. 

"Because you don't want the attention of the evil eye, do you?" Your mother glared at you.

"How does wearing her slip manage that hmm?" You gave your mother a bit of your Italian sass.

"Is she barren?" She sassed you right back not one to take any of anyone's sass. 

"No." you replied glancing at Margarite who was heavy with her fourth child. All of whom were miraculously still alive.

"That is why, so hopefully your marriage will be just as fruitful, giving you many children to comfort you in your old age." Your mother grinned knowing she had won the conversation as you put on the borrowed slip. 

"momma va bene." (alright momma.) You conceded not wanting to take any chances.

-Something Blue-

"Here." Your twin brother thrust a blue bandana into your hands.

"What is this for?" You chuckled. 

"Your something blue." He winked "Cravatta esso intorno tua coscia per la tua cowboy." (Tie it around your thigh for your cowboy.) He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Grazie!" (Thank you!) You gave him a big hug before whispering in his ear, "Even if, tuo mente è con le immondizia in grondaia." (your mind is with garbage in the gutter.) You poked at his ribs. He laughed, winked at you again and walked back into the living area leaving you chuckling in the kitchen. Oh, Jack was going to love this!

---Davey---

-Something Old-