Scars

Scars

Sorry, some of these are better than others...

Jack

"Jack, where did you get that scar?" You asked your husband, tracing the scar on his chest, as you lie in bed, your head rested on the other side of his chest. You had just made love, and his chest glistened with sweat, It was far from the only scar, but it was defiantly the biggest. Just as with all of his scars, you'd seen this scar many times before, but you just now decided to ask about it.

"Mm, dat's a funny story actually." He chuckled kissing your forehead.

"Do you mind telling me?" You looked up at him.

"I'd love to tell you strambo." He smiled. You traced over the scar absentmindedly as he told you the tale. "One day when I was bout 15, I was out walkin, sell'n my papes, and this olda newsie from Long Island who got too old ta be sell'n papes jumped me."

You gasped, "Why'd he do that?" You looked up at him with a concerned look in your eyes.

"He wanted my money." Jack kissed your forehead.

"That is just awful, how is that funny to you?"

"That's not the funny part,"

"Then what is?"

"I'd tell you if you stop interruptin." Jack teased you.

You swatted his chest. "Jaaack,"

"So the funny part was dat Bones, da leader of da Hatten Newsies befoa me, was watchen da whole altercation, and even though da newsie had cut me, he left looken worse, an I hadn't eben cried or screamed when he cut me, so Bones told me that he was retiren, and that he was placen me in charge, now you can ask questions."

"Why, no how did you not cry or scream?" You asked.

"I was numb till I met you." He smiled at you. You rolled your eyes.

"You're incorrigible."

"That I am strambo. How about I make love to you again?" He kissed your bare shoulder.

You rolled your eyes. "Come on me cavaliere in un cappello da cowboy. (My night in a cowboy hat)" You giggled. "Make love to me."

Davey

"Davey, where did you get this?" You asked as you traced over a scar on the palm of your boyfriend Davey's hand.

"Les, actually."

"What?" You chuckled. "How?"

"He used to carry around this wooden sward everywhere."

"Aw, that sounds so cute." You cooed.

"Well he'd get into trouble with it, so I went to take it from him,"

"That sounds like a bad idea."

"It was, because a splinter dragged itself through my hand."

"Poor baby." You snorted.

"Hey, you asked."

"That I did."

Kid Blink

"Blink, I know how life on the street can scar you up, but you've got more scars than anyone I know, why is that?" You questioned your boy friend, you'd only ever seen him with his shirt off, regardless your statement was true.

Blink chuckled "Well first off before I even got onto da streets, I had a bum excuse of a fadda." He smiled sadly.

"Your eye," You whispered stroking his cheek with your hand softly.