Epilogue

Epilogue

(Thirty years later)

"And so the dragon was too strong for Sir Valek, and it over powered him. He thought all hope was lost and no one would be able to save him." Seeing the intense look of interest on their faces, she smirked to herself, the feeling of mischief taking over. "But just in the nick of time, Queen Alexandra came from behind, and swooped down to slay the dragon, thus saving Sir Valek's life."

The children laughed and clapped as she said this, while the little boy in front of her tugged on her sleeves.

"Grandma, tell it right! That's not what happened!" He insisted.

Picking him up from where he was standing by the kitchen table, Alexandra placed him on her lap, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Even at forty eight, she couldn't help but be a little childish while around them.

"Well, honey, that's not how I remember it."

"No...he can't have lost! Uncle Valek didn't ever lose in battle! He said so. He said he always won!"

Of course he did, Alexandra thought shaking her head as she laughed. Leave it to Valek to win the kids over and leave me with no chance at all.

"Alright, William, he did win against the dragon, but after I pulled it off from him..." Alexandra gave in, ruffling her grandson's hair.

"Grandma!" The little boy protested, while her other grandchildren giggled.

"Mother stop teasing them. If they stay up tonight, I'm sending them to you." Alexandra's daughter came in to the kitchen, chuckling. "You always get them all wound up."

"Kat, how many times have I said don't call me Mother...it sounds so ancient." Alexandra scowled as her grandchildren laughed at her facial expression. "And it's not my fault Valek keeps telling them stories where he's the savior of the day."

Her daughter, Katerina, snickered as she walked to take a plate of food from the counter before sitting down at the table.

"Grandma, is the sword in Daddy's study really the one you fought with?" Her eldest grandchild, Elizabeth asked. She was six years old.

"Yes it is, dearest. It was also my father's sword. That one has been passed down through generations. One day, it'll be yours."

The children oohed and ahhed their amazement.

After getting married, she and Nicholas had waited a short time before deciding to start a family. They had three wonderful children. Luke was their oldest, having just turned twenty six a few weeks ago, following him were the twins Malek and Katerina, who were both twenty four. From the two of them, Malek was older.

Surprisingly, through the years, her kids had never given her an ounce of trouble. Something she credited to Nicholas' calm, firm, yet easy going personality. He had been her rock since before their marriage, and through the years, had stood by her side as she ruled over Seraphine.

When the time came to discuss with their children about finding suitable partners, both Alexandra and Nicholas were shocked at how willingly they agreed to marry; as she and Nicholas both knew how badly Alexandra had behaved at the mention of the topic during her own youth. Nicholas had firsthand experience in that. Somehow, without nudging, their children had married in their late teens and early twenties. Luke had daughter, Elizabeth, and son, Austin who was four. Malek had a son, Philip who was four. While Katerina had a daughter Evelyn who was five, and son William who was four.

"Grandma is it true you named Daddy after Uncle Mark and Uncle Valek?" asked Philip, as he ate a piece of banana bread.

"That's right sweetheart." Alexandra nodded, as her son appeared in the kitchen. Glancing over at him and catching his eye. "He looked like a troublemaker when he was born, just like those two."