Love Yourself!

Hey Everyone! I noticed that many people are struggling with this these days, and I wanted to try to make something of it and help you understand more. Even if you are positive this doesn't relate to you, read it because believe it or not, it relates to others who need this.

   I took a survey in my health class asking if I loved myself. I debated over both answers, but finally settled on yes. I am a child of God, so therefore I should follow his command to love myself. The survey came back as half and half. It was a struggle for me to look around my classroom and see all the people, knowing that only half of them loved theirselves. In fact, it brought tears to me eyes thinking about it. Other people felt the way I did, crying and feeling down. But others were completely silent, burying their heads in their arms, knowing that they don't love themselves.

    As people of God, we are called to love ourselves and others. There are different categories of reasons why people don't love theirselves. It can be the shape of their bodies, decisions they have made, or things people have said that will scar them forever. Those are the most common traps that people fall into. They might not think they are beautiful and call themselves ugly. Well, think about this. Why would God make one of His creations ugly? He wouldn't! He made you beautiful, and even if you don't see it, He does and He wants you to see it too.

    I've never been one to especially like my physical features. I always felt I was too skinny, not muscular like I wanted to be or have pretty hair etc. I had a sleepover with three of my closest friends and we were playing truth or dare. My friend picked me and I chose truth. She asked me what my favorite physical feature was. Automatically, I froze on the spot because I didn't have anything to say. It was awkward and quiet for a little bit before my friends chimed in and listed things they liked about me. They listed things they liked (hair, eyes) that I never had liked. It honestly rebuilt my self esteem that night even though I don't think they realized they did me a huge favor.

If you don't love yourself and you still don't after reading this, then please take the time to list out your good qualities on a piece of paper. Or if you are like me and want to get more muscular or something, then put in a good effort to do so.There's nothing wrong in wanting to improve your physical shape! But you still need to love yourself, your body, and everything about yourself. Some people use this as a ticket to be cocky and self absorbed. Don't get too ahead of yourself and take a bunch of selfies! Just recognize the fact you are beautiful and stay humble. Not that selfies are wrong every once in awhile! Lol!

I hope this helped you and please please please love yourself because God loves you and so do I.

Your sister in Christ~
Hopesolo6