When One Door Closes, Another One Opens

This really touched my heart today and I hope it will touch yours as well. Please don't consider this to be a lesson or a teaching. This is just from a friend to another friend.

I have experienced so much in my life that falls into place with that statement. Let's break it apart. When one door closes....it's basically when something unexpected, sad, or confusing happens in your life. I have experienced this, and I feel ready to share my story with you. This is a very emotional topic for me, and I am already near tears writing this so here it goes.

When I was nine years old in third grade, my mom came home with unexpected news. She had developed stage zero breast cancer. I was immediately broken and being so young just made the situation even more confusing. I began to seclude myself from others to be able to think clearly. I am not sure why I remember this, but I can recall my third grade class talking loudly, and I walked over to the carpet all alone near tears. My teacher noticed my actions and started to help me by purchasing me a journal to write my thoughts in. She was so helpful through it all and to have that emotional support was strengthening to me. I started seeing a guidance counselor who also helped me. I remember hearing my younger sister's second grade teacher talking to the guidance counselor about how concerned they were for her. Overall, we weren't doing well. So that was a door that God closed in my life. I mean imagine what it was like to come home from a regular school day and find out that your mom, the one who has loved you, has a cancer that many people have died from.
Then a door opened; people came to help. Co-workers, church friends, teachers, you name it. They all came together as one and really helped us. Becoming a prayer warrior, giving positive and uplifting gifts, and bringing dinners almost every day were truly blessings from God and I can't thank him enough for all of the wonderful people in my life. About three to four surgeries and hundreds of prayers later, my mom was healed with a 97% chance that the cancer will never come again. I am blessed to have her in my life today.

I am glad I could share my story. Maybe I could turn it into another full book with chapters. You guys are my best friends, my sisters and brothers in Christ. So even though I don't know some of you personally, I know you through Jesus Christ, the one who has given me the hope and courage to become the person I am today!

There will not be a challenge because I just wanted to share my personal story with you so you could relate to the topic. If you would like to vote and comment, please do. It would make my day! If you haven't come to accept Jesus into your life and you haven't repented of your sins TO JESUS, then let me know if you would like me to pray with you in the comments or messages if you would prefer. But remember, don't feel like you have to hide anything. We are all a group of believers in the name of Jesus, and we will not judge you. Have a great rest of your day and remember, just like God has opened a door for me, he will do the same for you!

Your sister in Christ~
Hopesolo6