Hope is Our Anchor

This is my new favorite verse that I discovered this weekend, and I am very excited to share it with you! I hope that it will affect you just as it has affected me.

Hebrews 6:19~ We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.

  This verse to me is very powerful and has a lot of meaning behind it. Basically what it is saying is that our faith in God is secure like an anchor. Think of the purpose of an anchor. It keeps the boat in place, it doesn't let the boat sink, and the boat doesn't hit anything during a storm. God is just like an anchor in that same way. He doesn't let us drift off or sink. Instead, we are protected by Him. In our storms of life, we need an anchor to hold us steady so that we won't drift to Satan. That anchor is God.

  God keeps us secure with him during the rough times in life. As I have shared with you in a previous chapter, I had a rough time when I needed God to act as my anchor. He kept me steadfast in my relationship with him which grew stronger. God has done the same for you through a difficult time as well. He has kept you with him so that you are safe.

  Satan wants us to drift off with him, and he wants us to stray from God. When a hard time arises, he will try and use that opportunity to get you in his grasp. It's up to you to recognize his scheme and stay true to the Lord who will guide you to safety. Satan will do everything in his power to control you, but remember that God is stronger than Satan. He will keep you from drifting or sinking because he loves you. When my mom had cancer, my family could have forgotten or grown angry with God. But we would have given a foothold to Satan. Instead, we prayed and let God handle the situation according to his will. Whatever his will be, we would accept. He wasn't done with my mom on this Earth.

  In conclusion, our hope is an anchor for God which is firm and secure always. He loves you and will never let you stray.

  If you would like me to pray for you, leave a comment or message me, because I would be more than happy to. He loves you and me; he is my anchor and yours. God bless!

Your sister in Christ~
Hopesolo6