Biblical Friendships

Verses~
Proverbs 22:24-25~ Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man, lest you learn his ways and entangle yourself in a snare.

Proverbs 17:17~ A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.

John 15:13~ Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

Quotes~
"Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?"
- C.S. Lewis

"What draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it."
-C.S. Lewis

This chapter will hopefully change your outlook on some meaningful and meaningless friendships. What do you really look for in a friend? What do they value most about you?

When you look at your friends, pick out your few closest ones. You might see that the ones you are closer to are just like you in many ways. Maybe you both get good grades or are on the soccer team. But I am thinking about something else. Like Jesus. When I stand back and look at my friends, the ones closest to me share the same truth, the same light. Jesus shines through them and makes them to be a more godly person. They might pick you as a closer friend to for the same reasons. Out of all my friends, my two closest ones are both believers which I thought was pretty cool.

What do you look for in a friendship? Popularity points? Good looks? Look past those things and look for Christ. Most people who look for the less valuable things turn out less valuable themselves. Just like Proverbs 22:24-25 says. God doesn't care about outward appearance. He cares about your relationship with him.

Look at your Christian and your non Christian friends. Which group has more to offer? Which people have actually genuinely cared enough to pray for you? Or ask how your day was? Which group of people do you bond more with? The Christian people. They care for you and pray for you. They offer you help and reassurance. And they love you as a sister or brother in Christ. They both have the same Lord in common with each other. And that is what strengthens the bond.

To have such a great friend who loves Christ is a sign of God's mercy to you. To have another person who will pray for your wellbeing is a blessing. And for you to be that friend who will pray for someone else is a another blessing. You are a sign of God's grace to these people. Think of what your non believer friends have to offer. They won't offer you prayer or guidance. The most they will ever do for you is smile or share a good joke. Having God's grace in common is what makes a regular friendship turn into a Christian based one. A friendship that will take you far in life and give you happiness. It is worth a lot more than any other kind of friend. Think about it!

Challenge~ PRAY for PARIS! They need your prayers!

If you need prayers or know someone who does then please comment on this chapter or message me. I would be happy to pray for you.

Your sister in Christ~
Hopesolo6