Defeating Temptation

Did you know that temptation was the first sin to be committed? Eve was tempted by the serpent to eat the fruit that would make her as equal as God. She gave in to temptation and then spread it by tempting Adam to try the fruit as well.

  Temptation is usually the desire to do something wrong or unwise. Often times, we are tempted to do things that may not always be the right things. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to this topic. Others may be able to resist certain temptations and others might not. But remember that God is stronger than these things, and he can help you with them.

  When people are tempted, there is usually a voice inside of their head telling them that would be fine. Sometimes it might say, it's okay to do it just once or I will do it later. That is just your mind's way of putting things off to the side and trying to make your wrong actions seem right. A lot of times, people are tempted to skip reading their bible or going to church. They could use an excuse like, I was busy, to cover up their real feelings. When you give in to temptation, you are giving in to Satan and letting him control your actions. Satan will do anything in his power to stop you from picking up your bible or learning more about God. Do you really want to let Satan control you?

  Train your mind to do the right thing. When you first wake up and see your devotional book, don't put it off and forget about it. Embrace the moment and enjoy spending time with God. Satan will lurk away, but that doesn't mean he won't find you again. Stay strong and hold true to your beliefs. Don't waver from the truth of God, for it will set you free.

Challenge- My challenge for you is to defeat your worst temptation. If you put off reading your bible, pick it up and learn from it! Post your results in the comments and how you felt afterwards.

Pray The Lords Prayer which touches base on temptation and fighting it. It is the picture posted above this chapter. I took the picture from my bible story book by Carolyn Larson, an amazing Christian writer.

Your sister in Christ~
Hopesolo6