Seeing is Not Believing

Do you believe in God, even though you can not see him? Do you trust that he is with you, even though he doesn't make a sound? If you say yes to these questions, then you are a true believer. Seeing has nothing to do with believing. When you believe in something, you accept it into your life as something true. You know that it is there even though you can't physically see it.

Jesus told this to doubting Thomas, one of his disciples. Thomas did not believe that Jesus rose from the dead until he physically saw Jesus standing and he could put his hand on his wounds. Thomas didn't believe that Jesus was alive after he died on the cross. It is also like scientists searching for proof on Jesus's life. When they did, they found pieces of Noah's ark and chariot wheels in the Red Sea, but the point is that they didn't actually believe in his life without proof.

Jesus doesn't have to be visible for people to know that he is there. He shows up in places like, school, work, and even at your house. When you see a flower blooming, that's Jesus. Or when you capture the last second of a sunset? That's Jesus too! He is all around us everyday. You just have to realize it!

In many ways, Jesus is like the wind. You can not see it, but you know it is there. So if some people believe in the wind, why don't they also believe in Jesus? That is a good question that no one will ever be able to answer. Jesus makes himself even more visible than the wind, yet people still need proof. Don't be like Thomas or a scientist. Believe in Jesus with your heart and trust that he is by your side every second of every day.

2 Corinthians 5:7~ Walk by faith, not by sight.

If you are in need of prayers, don't hesitate to leave a comment or send or a message. I would be honored to pray for you and with you.

Your sister in Christ,
Hopesolo6