52

"You look stunning in that dress, sweetheart. Actually breath taking." Liam said in my ear, slightly drunk as we swayed on the dance floor.

It was almost midnight, and everyone was still partying and they planned to for as long as possible.

"Thank you, baby." I smiled as he almost leaned his body weight on me. I slipped my hands on Liam's waist and smiled a little more at him.

"Liam, we need to get going soon, We don't want to leave your sister alone with Ruby for too long." I told him and he nodded.

"Okay sure. I'm pretty ready to go home too." He grinned and grasped my hand in his.

We said our goodbyes to everyone, and soon went out to the car, where I began to drive us home.

"That was so fun." Liam laughed and sat in the passenger seat.

"I agree. Do your seatbelt, my love, I can't go without you putting it on." I chuckled, as I glanced at him, leaning his head back on the head rest.

"Liam, buckle up." I repeated.

He laughed a little more and pulled on his belt, but I clicked it in for him.

"God, you're a little bit drunk aren't you." I smirked.

"I don't think so!" He laughed even more.

I stayed silent and chuckled breathily as I shook my head. "Let's get you home."

We sat quietly in the car as I kept driving, then Liam perked up with a grin. "It's Christmas next week!" He said like an excited little boy.

"Indeed it is, babe. And you're finished with all the shopping so it's all good." I reminded him.

He nodded in a satisfactory way, and sat back in his seat. Oh how Liam amused me.

~*~

Once we got home, I got out of the car, and opened the door on Liam's side, then unbuckled his seat belt.

"Come on. Let's go to bed." I said as I locked the car with Liam beside me.

"Let's go to bed." He said quietly and leaned on me.

"Li, can you stop leaning on me? You seem to forget I'm 7 months pregnant." I chuckled and he quickly apologised as we walked through the door.

I slipped off my shoes and walked Liam upstairs to our bedroom.

I had to shush him a few times, since it was approaching 1am and Ruby was asleep in her room, and Liam's sister was asleep in the guest room.

I quickly put on my pyjamas, then wiped my face with a makeup wipe before walking towards Liam to basically put him to bed, like we would with the toddler.

I unbuttoned his shirt and took it off him then leaned back and smiled a little at him. "Can you manage to take your own pants off, Liam?" I laughed quietly.

He squinted his eyes at me and grinned. "Yeah." He stood up, a little stumble when he did, and took off his shoes and pants, then his boxers.

"Why did you take your underwear off too?" I chuckled.

He shrugged. "Fancied it." He mumbled and clambered into bed.

I shook my head to myself, still entertained by his words, then soon fell asleep.

~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
hi guys, I hope you're having a lovely christmas, and I wanted to wish you the best of luck for the new year.

but before all that, I'd like to know, Would you like a doorstep daughter sequel? I imagine it'd be similar to this story, but a few more added details.

please please PLEASE let me know what you think, and if you would like one. Have a lovely day ❤️