39

"Dinner!" Emily's mother called up the stairs.

Since it was now turning 7pm, Ruby was asleep and so, we had dinner just the four of us.

"This looks great, Mrs Ross." I complimented as I took a seat at the dining table.

"Thank you, Liam." She smiled and nodded her head.

We all began eating and a casual conversation arose.

"Liam, where about are you from?" Mr Ross asked.

"I'm actually from Wolverhampton as well. We were planning on coming up to visit the two of you and my family too." I explained.

"Really? Small world isn't it!" He laughed and I agreed

"It really is." I smiled and nodded.

We kept eating until Mrs Ross piped up with a question I didn't think she would ask.

"So, where is your daughters mother now?" She asked and I widened my eyes.

"Well, we split up a while ago, and I had custody of Ruby, and then Emily and I met and we hit it off from there." I shrugged.

"And you wouldn't go back to her and break my daughters heart, I hope." She asked again.

"Not at all, Mrs Ross." I shook my head.

She nodded in approval and continued eating her food.

~*~

"Mum always has to take it too far." Emily groaned and closed the door behind us as we entered her room.

"I mean, it wasn't a great question but it's fine, babe. She wants to get to know me, you're her little girl, of course she's gonna be protective. I would be about Ruby." I smiled and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Now, give me a kiss so I can go get ready for bed." She grinned before I pecked her lips softly.

She walked into her ensuite bathroom, and took off her makeup, before coming back into the bedroom and changing.

I pulled off my clothes and climbed into bed, in only my underwear.

Ruby laid between the two of us, sleeping heavily.

"Night darling, sleep well." I whispered.

"You too, baby." She whispered back and turned the lamp light off.

~*~

We both woke up the next morning to a quiet knock at the door.

Emily called for whoever it was to open it, and her mother came into her room.

"Ma, you didn't really have to come in." She said quietly, since Ruby was still asleep.

"I did though. Breakfast will be 10 minutes. And I have to say, I don't completely appreciate the fact that you're sleeping naked next to my daughter, Liam, son." She tutted and left the room.

Once the door was shut again, Emily got up and groaned.

"She's so annoying."

"I'm not completely naked." I said quietly.

"She's so old fashioned, don't worry. Wanna get some breakfast?" She asked.

"Yeah, let me just wake Ruby." I nodded and lifted her tiny figure into my arms.

"Dada." She mumbled sleepily as I got up.

"Em, hold her a sec?" I asked, and handed her Ruby.

I put on my jeans, and a black t-shirt and took Ruby back in my arms so Emily could get dressed.

Minutes later, we went downstairs to a table of pancakes, bacon, eggs, basically everything.

"Eat up, you have a long day, right?" Mrs Ross questioned as we ate.

"Mhm. Well, after stopping at Liam's parents house." Emily nodded and ate her bacon.

We finished our food, and then went back up to Emily's room to get our bags.

"Ready to go?" Emily asked quickly.

"Em, slow down. Why are you in such a rush to leave?" I asked.

"My parents just irritate me, Li. I dread coming to see them most of the time." She sighed.

"Well, you can come to my parents house for a few hours. They always welcome you, they love you." I assured and kissed her cheek.

"I know, it feels so much more homely there." She agreed.

"Let's go?" I said.

"Let's go." She nodded and the three of us went downstairs.

~*~

"See you soon, princess!" Mr Ross called at Emily.

"Bye dad." She waved as we drove off the drive way and down the street.

I drove to my parents' house, while resting my hand on Emily's knee.

-----------------------------------------
A/N
So tonight the boys UK/Ireland leg of OTRA kicks off, and THEY SUNF INFINITY AGH OMGNSKDISKZ

And apparently Briana is there, there are low quality pictures, but it's clearly all planned :-/

ALSO I would love it if you check out my Niall au called 'Espresso' - thank you!! ❤️