36

ONE MONTH LATER

"Happy birthday, my little angel." I smiled widely as I lifted Ruby out of her crib and walked her into mine and Emily's room.

I sat her in the middle of our bed and lifted my phone up.

"You're such a big girl now." Emily said to Ruby happily.

I couldn't believe it was already her first birthday. This time last year I didn't know she existed and now, she's my whole universe.

I snapped a picture of her, and put a black and white filter on it before writing a caption.

'Happy birthday to my favourite little girl in the world. Love you Ruby, keep on smiling, princess ❤️'

I smiled widely and quickly posted it on Twitter and Instagram so I could go back to spending time with Ruby and Emily.

"What's the plan for today then?" Emily asked and watched Ruby crawl around the bed.

"I think everyone's coming over later on. Louis, Niall and Harry are. And I think they're bringing Reina, Anna and Robyn. I think my parents and sisters might be coming down as well." I explained.

Robyn was the girl Louis had met within the last month of the tour in the London show.

She had long black hair and green eyes, and Louis was head over heels for her.

"Well, shall we get up and at it?" I grinned and looked at the two girls.

I picked up Ruby and then made my way downstairs with Emily shortly behind me.

~*~

"Liam! They're here!" Emily called up the stairs as I got Ruby ready.

I dressed her in a mint green and pink dress, and some cute white shoes, since she had just started taking her first few steps.

I then lifted Ruby up and sat her on my hip as I walked down the stairs.

"Hi everyone." I smiled and sat Ruby on the rug in front of everyone. We had plenty of room in our living room and had a toddlers slide, and some toys which Ruby had had for her birthday.

I took a seat on the sofa, where the boys and their girlfriends were sat.

"Who else are we waiting on?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Your family, love." Em chuckled and watched Ruby as she stood up with wobbly legs and stumbled over to the slide, which she didn't get onto, only held onto,

As everyone began to chat, another knock at the door echoed the room.

I stood up and went to answer the door.

"Liam!" My mum said as she took me in for a huge hug.

"Hey. Shall we come in before having hugs and all that?" I laughed slightly and stepped in, allowing my mum, dad, two sisters, and brother in law into the house.

"Where's my little granddaughter?" My mum smiled happily as she walked up to Ruby and picked her up cheerfully.

I greeted the rest of the family before we all took a seat on the sofas once again.

"Oh yeah, and help yourselves to the little buffet over there." I pointed out to the long table of snacks.

"Well this is lovely isn't it." My mum grinned and looked around.

~*~

As 6PM rolled around, Louis, Robyn, Harry and Anna finally left and we were once again left to just the three of us.