6

I woke up to the sun beaming through my window and Ruby in a crib at the end of my bed, squirming and cooing at herself.

I lean over and pick her up out of the crib. "Good morning baby girl." I smile.

I lay back down and she lays next to me. "Dada." She mutters.

I was in shock. She finally knew who I was! "Yeah! Yeah, dada! You're such a clever little girl!" I praise her.

We get up after a while, and go downstairs to a fully cooked breakfast, complete with eggs and bacon.

"Morning Payno." Ruth nods to me as she puts her suitcase by the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I go up my boyfriends all week then come home on a Friday. Then leave on a sunday, yeah?" She explains.

"Yeah. Okay." I nod too. "I'm not leaving yet though. I'm leaving at about 1."

"Ah! All my babies are leaving me today!" my mum exclaims.

"Mhm." My other sister nods as she finishes her food.

~*~

Later that following evening after Ruth and Nicola had left, Ruby and I were upstairs in my room, packing to make our way home as well.

I pushed all of our clothes and other items into the black suitcase, and tidied my room a little bit.

I dressed Ruby in her red onesie and some white socks then finally dressed myself. I put on some blue jeans, a white t-shirt and my timberland boots.

"Liam, when are you leaving?" Mum asks again.

"Dunno. Won't be long, if you're trying to get rid of me!" I joke.

"No I-"

"In about half an hour." I laugh a little and bring my cases downstairs.

Ruby and I were stood in the living room downstairs with our bag at the door.

"I can't believe you're leaving so soon!" My mum exclaims sadly.

"I know. ill miss it." I admit.

She takes Ruby out of my arms and kisses her cheek.

"Bye bye baby girl! Gramma and grandpa will miss you!" She smiles at her and Ruby grins back.

I take Ruby into my arms and we make our way out of the house.

I strap Ruby into the car, then get in myself. My parents are stood at the door waving and my mother non-surprisingly crying.

I plug my phone in with the usb to charge, and Ruby sits in her seat looking around the car.

~*~

As it began to get dark and Ruby was fast asleep, the roads of Central London came to life.

I look around the rushing traffic surrounding the clubs. I glanced at the clock to see it was 10PM. I took the scenic route.

Until a flash mob of cars began to speed past me with a blink of red and blue flashing lights behind them.

And then the car swerved quickly.

I spun the wheel round as fast as I could as my seatbelt locked.

I stretch my arm across Ruby's seat to try to protect her but it was no good. I felt a rough crash and a shatter of glass.

"Ruby!" I shouted in fear.

I couldn't remember the rest, except an ambulance siren and someone clicking my broken seat belt.