49

By 6am the following morning, both Liam and I were completely sleep deprived.

We had been awake all night with a fever-ridden baby, and nothing to give her to make her feel better.

It was now turning 6:30, and it was a cold December morning, so it was still dark outside.

"Em, I'm gonna run to the store real quick and pick up some medicine for Ruby, so are you okay here with her for 10 minutes?" Liam checked as he slid his shoes on as I sat on the end of the bed with Ruby in my arms.

"Sure, go ahead. But please be quick." I smiled willingly and tried to soften Ruby's cries.

"I won't be long, okay? See you in a few minutes, love you." He said as he hurried down the stairs.

"Love you too." I called and cuddled Ruby into my embrace, holding her heavy head with my hand.

She hadn't stopped crying all night, and it didn't seem like she was planning on stopping. "It's okay, baby girl. Daddy will be back soon." I comforted her, hoping he would come back. I laid down on the bed with Ruby beside me and I traced little circles in Ruby's back.

~*~
Minutes later I heard the front door close softly, and Liam's feet gently jog up the stairs; but by the time Liam had gotten home, Ruby fell asleep.

Liam quickly entered the bedroom and saw her asleep, then chuckled a little.

"If we're quick, we can get a little sleep while she's gone too." I whispered and he nodded.

He slipped his shoes off, pulled off his shirt, leaving him in his sweats, before laying next to Ruby in our bed.

"You know, even though this is pretty bad, it's quite nice. We're good at team work." Liam grinned at me.

"I agree, it is quite nice." I took his hand in mine and smiled softly.

~*~

About an hour later, Liam and I woke up for the second time this morning, and had finally caught up on some sleep while Ruby did too so the two of us went downstairs and made some coffee in peace before ruby awoke again.

Liam and I were sat opposite each other at the dining table, both holding a mug of coffee close.

"I'm so tired." I laughed softly.

"Me too." He agreed and sipped his coffee.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
I'm so sorry this chapter was so awful, but it was just a filler.

I hate to say it, but doorstep daughter will soon be coming to an end, there will be a few chapters left; but maybe a sequel?? who knows.

I love you all, let me know how you think this is going.