50

three years on||Liam's POV

"Wakey wakey, little miss Payne. Time for school." I whispered as I walked into my daughters bedroom. She squirmed and groaned quietly then fluttered her eyes open.

"It's time for school, baby girl." I smiled, repeating my words.

Ruby sat up and held her arms out for me to lift her up.

I picked up the 4 and a half year old and carried her to my room.

"Time to wake up, mummy!" Ruby grinned enthusiastically and she crawled across the bed.

I know exactly what you're thinking; He's with Kristen again? No not quite.

Emily, Ruby and I had decided that Ruby was going to call Emily her mother, but it was naturally decided, since that was what Emily was known as to Ruby now.

Em opened her eyes and smiled at the perky little girl sat on the end of the bed.

"Morning, rubies." She chuckled and sat up, keeping the duvet over her bump.

What bump? Fortunately, Ruby would soon be a big sister in 2 months to a little brother.

Emily and I were now married, and expecting a baby of our own. Oh how times change.

"Now that you've woken mummy, why don't we go and get you dressed for school?" I smiled suggestively and took Ruby's hand before walking her to her bedroom.

I pulled Ruby's pyjamas over her head, and off her short legs, then dressed her a pair of blue jeans and a purple woollen jumper, paired with her favourite pair of sparkly pink shoes.

As I brushed Ruby's hair, I noticed Emily stood by the door frame in one of my t-shirt's, her hair in a messy bun.

"Daddy is a great hair stylist, isn't he." She chuckled and watched me put Ruby's golden brown hair into a ponytail.

"I think I am." I laughed a little and nodded as Ruby hurried away.

I watched her quickly trek down the stairs, and I stepped towards Emily, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

"I'm gonna get ready, sweetheart." I smiled softly and brushed my hand against her tummy.

As I made my way into the bedroom, I heard Emily walking behind me, and saw her with a hand rested on top of her bump.

"How did you sleep, babe?" I asked.

"Gooooood. As good as I will with this little boy kicking through the night." She laughed as she began to get dressed as well.

~*~

"Ruby, eat your cereal." I instructed as Emily and I sat with her at the table, also eating breakfast.

She scrunched up her nose and shook her head. "Don't like it."

"Listen, Ruby. These Cheerios are going to make you all grown up and tall and strong. So I think you had better get eating, hm?" Em chuckled and Ruby laughed.

"Okay." She giggled and ate her cereal.

"How do you do it?!" I laughed. "She just thinks everything I say is a joke."

Emily shrugged slightly and grinned smugly. "What can I say, I have a gift."

About 30 minutes later, we were finally leaving the house, and on our way to drop Ruby to school.

I strapped her into her seat in the back, then got into the driving seat. I started the car and drove the familiar route to Ruby's school I drove daily.

We got there in about 10 minutes, and I pulled over on the pavement, then Emily walked her to the school gates and said goodbye.

I had rolled down the window and I was waving goodbye to her too.

"Bye Ruby! Have a good day, remember to eat your banana, and please don't jump in any mud!" I reminded her as she laughed while walking to her classroom.

Once Emily was back in the car, I turned to her and tilted my head.

"Baby shopping, right?" I asked, double checking where we were going.

"Yup." She said, popping the 'p'.

~*~

"What do you think of this one?" Emily asked as she pointed to a stroller.

"I like it." I nodded. We had been in the store for hours, and I'm pretty sure I had been asked 200 times if I liked a certain stroller or crib.

She let out a groan and sighed. "Liam, can you give me a better opinion?! Thats all you've said for the past 30 minutes!"

"Sorry, sorry. Yeah I like the colour." I smiled and she smiled back. "Better."

I walked beside her, mindlessly browsing things as I pushed the shopping cart.

"This gives me memories to when Ruby turned up at my doorstep and I had to buy stuff for her immediately. And then I met you." I grinned wider.

"Indeed you did! And now we're here shopping for our baby." She pecked my lips gently and picked up a couple more onesies and toys and other things.

"I literally didn't even think I would have another baby. We could have saved so much money if I hadn't thrown out the crib and toys and all." I shrugged and sighed.

"Oh well, it's nice!" Em nodded.

A couple of minutes later, we finally reached the checkout, and paid a grand total of £836.49.

We had some things delivered, but we managed to fit a lot in the car anyway.

As I got into the driving seat once again, I glanced at the clock and noticed it was 3:00pm and we needed to make our way to the school to pick Ruby up.

Getting to her school was hectic, per usual, but we got there in time.

Both Emily and I got out of the car and walked to the primary school gates, and we could see the classroom that Ruby was sat in.

Minutes later, Ruby came smugly strutting out of her class towards us with her bag on her back and a painting in her hand.

"Look what I made in school!" She exclaimed and waved the A3 sheet of paper in the air.

I widened my eyes and smiled. "That's so good! We'll pin it up on the refrigerator, yeah?" I said, nodding my head as I held her hand.

The three of us went back to the car and then made our way home after a long day shopping, or in Ruby's case, being at school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Im gonna do a few chapters like this, since I most likely will not do a sequel, but yeah, I really enjoy writing like this, it carries the story along!!

love you all, let me know what you think x