35

I opened my eyes to see the sun rising through the airplane window.

It was 5:30 am, and the sun was slowly rising over the puffy white clouds.

I looked opposite me to see Emily fast asleep, with Ruby sleeping on her chest.

I smiled, and picked up my phone and saw I had a text from an unknown number.

*sorry about earlier. Liam, I just miss us. I want to be part of Ruby's life. I'm a mess, I know. I just hope she can turn it around. - Kris*

Kristen wanted to be part of Ruby's life again. It was still early, and I couldn't take it all in.

I sat for a good 20 minutes until I picked up my phone again.

*Kristen, I don't know. Maybe you could start seeing Ruby a little more while I'm there, and then maybe you could start taking her out ? - Liam*

She couldn't be trusted alone with a
little girl. My little girl.

I frowned and put my phone back down as I lay there, sleepily watching Emily and Ruby.

~*~

"Attention everyone, we will now be landing in Baltimore, USA." I woke up to the sound of the pilots voice beaming through the speakers.

I opened my eyes to see Emily feeding Ruby a bottle of milk as everyone still slowly woke.

"Morning, babe." Em smiled widely at me as she held Ruby close.

"Morning." I said as I stretched my arms out and put my seatbelt on as we began to land.

We soon came into land in Baltimore, and were escorted into the airport once again.

I was starting to get fed up of the sight of all these airports. Truthfully, I wanted to go home and just spend all of my time with my two girls.

I held Emily's hand as I carried Ruby, and we were taken straight to the van, where our bags were sat in the back.

"You alright, Li?" Emily asked.

"I'm okay." I smiled wide and squeezed her hand.

All it seemed that we were doing was going from plane to bus to van to hotel. And it was so difficult with Ruby.

I thought, maybe I should talk to the tour managers about it.

Once we had gotten to the hotel, I let Emily go up to our room with Ruby, so I could go speak to the tour managers.

I went down into the café where the two of them were sat, and I took a seat next to them.

"Sorry, do you mind if I talk to you for a few minutes?" I said as I smiled a little.

"Go ahead, Liam. What's the problem?" The first, Carlie asked. She was a young woman, maybe only a few more years older than me.

"Um.. I think, I think we need a break. Especially me. From the tour, obviously. But I'm finding it so difficult to look after Ruby while doing concerts every other night." I explained and hung my head.

"Well, that's understandable. I assume that Mr Cowell spoke to you about that before going on tour?" the other woman, Julie added, who was in her 40's and seemed to love her job considerable well.

"He did. Can I ask, when does this tour end?" I asked.

"It ends on September 10th. About a month from now." Carlie nodded her head and I sighed a little.

"That's okay. At least I'm home for Ruby's birthday." I smiled and nodded my head as well before standing up and making my way to our room.