Chapter 53

*Scar's P.O.V*

The explosion on the other side of the mountain rings in all of our ears as we crouch by the car. The other agents set up an explosion to distract some of Bo's people, hoping to give us clear access into the mountain. We keep waiting for the signal to move in, which would come through our walkie talkie's, saying that the people had moved away and we could enter. I could feel my heart racing inside my chest, never before had I been so nervous in my entire life. Here I was, a simple 19 year old girl crouching behind a car waiting for a signal to enter a mountain full of horrible people who had taken my mother, not to mention I was engaged and carrying a pistol on my hip. A crackling came through Alex's walkie talkie before we heard. 

"Clear" a male said through the crackle. Alex waved to us and I followed my dad as we ran forward to the hatch, keeping low like it would help. The hatch was ripped open by Frank who led the pack and he slithered in and everyone followed behind him. It was a bit of a drop down but I landed on two feet nice and steadily and moved off to the side so Harry didn't crush me. Once I was cleared and standing beside the wall, I turned on my head lamp and looked around. It was hot and musty down here, the walls a sandy yellow colour, all chipped and uneven, well we were practically in a cave so I didn't know what I was expecting. There were some old tracks laid on the ground, where the mine cart used to be pushed on. Their weren't any signs of life down here which was a good thing, but my heart rate did not slow down one bit. Harry put a hand on my waist which made me jump.

"Just me" He said quietly and I relaxed. My dad shot a look at Harry before nodding at him, dad then started to move cautiously through the tunnel way, Harry nudged me slightly so I followed my dad feeling Harry stay close behind me. Their were lots of different tunnels and each group took one, dad took a turn to the left and I followed behind him, revealing a tunnel that continued straight on. We had to all duck our heads a little to fit in, but we managed to get through without any interruptions. I listened to people talking through the radio, saying they had reached ladders and some saying there were dead ends, then I listened to Frank and Alex give them advice on what to do next. After a little more walking my father stopped.

"We got a ladder" My dad stated quietly into his walkie talkie. A few seconds passed before Alex's voice came through.

"Okay, be careful Jack" My dad turned around and motioned to us to follow him.

"We will be" He said before tucking the walkie talkie back into his pocket. He climbed up the steel ladder that appeared in front of him and I took a step back giving him more room. 

"You alright?" Harry asked me in a whisper.

"Fine" I whispered back, I was lying though, I was terrified. I heard a hatch open up top and saw my dads body slither up and come to a standing position.

"Clear" He whispered loud enough so we could hear. 

"Clear down here sir" Harry replied.

"Scarlett next" My dad said back, I gripped on to the ladder and steady my hands, I was never good with heights and even though we were underground and it was an eight rung ladder, I still was nervous. I managed to climb up without any trouble and my dad helped pull me through. I stood up and wiped some of the dust off my clothes as Harry stood up beside me a few moments later. We were in another tunnel. I looked around, there was only a tunnel way going to the left, so left we went. Zayn was telling Frank about how they had found an unlocked room. There was no sign of people, but they did find some weapons, a few guns and some ammo stacked on shelves. Alex then told us all to keep look out for doors and such things. Then the walkie talkie went silent, so I payed attention to the way we were walking, it was awfully straight and gradually became wider which was pretty good. 

"Stop" My dad said suddenly, I stopped in my tracks and looked in front of him. We had exited the small tunnel and emerged to a much wider area. Still under ground, but it mostly resembled a hallway, kind of like HQ. There were some doors around us, and then I heard it. Footsteps.

Dad and Harry both pushed me against the wall and leaned back themselves. A heard heavy boots thumping from behind the wall, then I saw the figure pass. A tall man in all black,  not one of ours though, he was alone and had multiple guns on his belt. He didn't seem to notice us at all and continued down the hallway, my dad waited until he was out of ear shot before whispering.

"Were going to run to the other side okay" He said pointing to across the hallway, about 3 metres, but under the circumstances, it seemed like a mile.

"I will go first then when I signal, you follow. Harry you cross after her" He said to us, I nodded my head and so did Harry, my dad leaned out and ran across the hallway. He was over in a few seconds and leaning against the wall. He motioned over to me nodding his head. I leaned out and saw no-one, so I ran. I made it within a few seconds, my dad catching me and and pushing me against the wall beside him, his heart racing. Harry looked and ran out.

Bang. I heard, Harry went down. My dad emerged gun pointed and fired two rounds in the other direction. I ran out to Harry and my dad came a few seconds later. He dragged Harry from under his shoulder to the cover, I saw briefly where the fires came from, he lay on the ground, a pool of blood forming around him.

"Are you okay?" I asked Harry hastily, he was hit in the leg, he was holding onto it with one of his hands. He looked up at me.

"I'm fine sweetheart" He spluttered out. His face was growing pale and small beads of sweat formed on his face. I put my own hands on his leg, knowing to apply as much pressure as possible. My hands shaking rapidly.

"It's gonna be okay" He says to me. I look up at him with tears in my eyes. I nod my head and look to my dad. Who's talking hastily into his radio, he then turns to us.

"Were getting out of here".........