Chapter 3

After completely getting sidetracked from the French lecture Madame Clary was giving, we powered through the last couple of notes she had written on the board. I finished quickly and looking back over the notes in my notebook that this was an assignment she was giving us. 
"Well aren't you lucky Harry, first day and you get a massive assignment!" I tell him with an immense amount of sarcasm. His face losses colour at an alarming rate.
"Yes I am indeed a very lucky man" He replies sighing.
"And you know what is going to make your day even better!?" I say cheekily, which grips his attention.
"Enlighten me!" He says with a half smile.
"We have advanced calculus next, and Mr Halter loves gripping the minds of new people!" I reply, it's true though. Every time someone new joins the class he likes to prick their brain. He's a tough teacher but it's funny seeing the new kids sweat.
"Oh well this school is just so much fun!!" Harry proclaims sarcastically, I can already see the beads of sweat forming.

"Now class. You must realise now that this is a lot of work you will be doing, so I am giving each of you a partner to work with" Madame Clary announces causing many to exhale in relief. Then we all see she is actually assigning people partners from the roll. And the worry comes rushing on back.

"Yasmin and Claudia, Gemma and Daniel, Scarlett and Tom..." Yes!! I get to work with Tom. Tom is an extremely attractive guy in our year who has all the girls in fits. We have been friends for a while but this project was a lot of work, so we would have to spend some time together. I look over to Tom who I know is sitting at the back left side of the class, I find he is already looking in my direction and smiles once he see's me looking at him. I shyly smile and turn back to the front and pretend not to be having a seizure from my excitement. Oh shit! Harry, what is Harry going to do!?

"Who did you get partnered with?" I ask feeling slightly guilty about him having to do this project with a complete stranger.
"Uh I got...Sadie Wall. Do you know her?" Harry answers. 
"Uh oh....she's a plastic. Be prepared to do a shit ton of work!" I laugh at his obvious pain of an extra workload.
"Damn it! Well who did you get?" Harry huffs, probably a bit pissed off. As if on cue Tom comes up to me and starts talking to me.
"So Scarlett, I was thinking maybe you could go to my place tonight and we could do the project there, you know try and get it started. Sound good?" He asks me. I slowly stutter in my head and manage to get out.
"Yeah..um that sounds good."
"Great! I can take you home straight after school and then I can take you to your place again tonight. I will meet you outside the front gate after school!" He begins to walk away shouting this all back to me as he takes off down the hallway. I climb out of my daze and start walking to calc. 
"Who's he?" Harry asks slightly annoyed.
"Oh sorry I didn't introduce you. That was Tom, Tom Altman. He's my french partner" I respond turning down the busy corridor.
"Nah it's alright, he seems nice"
"Oh yeah he is, we've known each other for years. He's a really good guy" I answer back. I turn as I hear Holly speed walking to meet me in the hallway.
"I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE LUCK YOU HAVE!!!!" She says excitedly shaking my forearms.
"Oh come on it's not that big of a deal!" I mumble before finding my seat next to Holly in the maths class on saving one for Harry who is up the front talking to Mr Halter. 
"Right class let's begin"

He writes up a few problems on the board and then asks us all to figure out the answers. I wouldn't say I'm amazing at calculus, but I'm advanced so that must count for something. A short time later he clears his throat and we all know whats coming.
"Now Mr ehr Styles, can you tell me the answer to this problem?" He motions towards the first problem on the board. Without any hesitation what so ever, Harry replies.
"2856, sir" Mr Halter stands looking defeated. 
"That is correct!" He says ecstatic, causing the class to start applauding. Harry gets a bit shy and embarrassed by all the attention and I giggle when I see a light crimson colour appear on his cheeks. After we all settle down, Mr Halter leaves Harry be and focuses on the not so hard working members of the class a.k.a the blondes and people texting under their desks.
"Good job, see that wasn't so bad!" I say whilst nudging him.
"Really, I don't ever think I have felt more terrified in my life!" He breaks out into a wide grin.
"Well then you have a brilliant poker face" I state simply before turning my attention to the board. Not before I hear Holly beside me mutter under her breath.
"Or just face in general" Which earns her a shin kick.

*Break time Harry's P.O.V*
I hurry out of the class when the bell rings trailing behind Scarlett and Holly. 
"Sorry guys I have to make a quick phone call" I say quickly, Scarlett turns and looks at me with her doe eyes.
"Ok well when your done, we will be in the cafeteria.." She continues to give me instructions before being pulled down the hallway by Holly. I walk outside into the freezing cold knowing there wont be a soul out here. I dial Franks number and he picks up after 2 rings.

"Hows high school!?" Frank asks sarcastically as soon as he picks up the phone.
"Uh firstly thank you for never sending me to high school and after this I pray you will be nice enough never to send me back. I need you to check out someone for me"
"Your worried about someone already!?"
"Well no I just want to know who this person is?"
"Alright gimme a name"
"Tom Altman" I hear the silent taps of the keys for a few seconds before Frank clears his throat.
"Okay Thomas Altman, 18, lives with his mum and 2 sisters. No criminal record, no detentions so pretty much a squeaky clean record. You two have french, english and history together. He plays rugby, athletics, boxing and is captain of the swim team. Harry why do you want to know about him?"
"Because he and Scarlett are doing a french assignment together....at his house....tonight"
"Harry you are not there to a high school boy going after a girl, you are there to protect. But if you think he's trying to be with her in that way, then you have some SERIOUS competition my friend" Frank laughs down the line.
"I know what my job is Frank" I state simply.
"Then do it" Frank replies still laughing and hangs up the phone. Okay it's official, high school sucks, and I have been here for two hours.