Chapter 43

Harry carries me out to the car, holding me closer to him as the cold wind hits my face. Louis see's us coming and after rolling his eyes, opens the door so Harry can place me in the middle seat before climbing in and shutting the door. I manage to buckle up my seatbelt without much assistance need from Niall who is sitting beside me. My head is spinning and the pain in my body can only be compared to being hit by a bus travelling at 100km/h. My stomach is killing me, I feel groggy and have cold sweats. My body feels completely foreign to me and I am really beginning to feel like shit. I rest my head on the back off the seat and close my eyes, hoping to rid myself of the blinding head ache I feel which may have something to do with me accidentally hitting my head with a ten kg weight. 
"So how you feeling!?" A way too hyper Niall chirps beside me. I decide to be honest.
"I think dying is less painful then this" I say groggily, Louis sniggers from the front seat and continues to drive us home at a snails pace.
"You okay babe?" Harry asks me.
"Nooooo" I whine holding a hand to my head. "I'm in paiiiinnn" I say slurring my words, I must sound either drunk or concussed to everyone else but I couldn't care less.
"Maybe you just need to lie down for a bit, let me help you get inside" Harry says undoing my seat belt. I didn't even notice the car had stopped until I hear the other car doors opening and shutting. I take his hand and he helps me slide over to the side and swing my feet out of the car, leaning on him as we walk inside the house. Gemma is the first to speak when we get inside.

"Harry what the hell she looks broken!" She says angrily behind us as Harry walks me over to the couch and helps me lie down on it. He ignores her and stays focused on me.
"Where do you hurt the most?" He asks crouching down beside me. I focus my eyes on him and reply.
"Head.......can I have some ice?" He smiles and kisses my forehead.
"Sure, be right back" He replies before leaving my side and walking to the kitchen and returning later with an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel. He sits beside me and places it on my head.
"Thank you" I mumble to him.
"Harry did you hear me!?" Gemma calls angrily standing in the entry way to the living room.
"Yes I heard you Gemma but she isn't broken okay" He huffs angrily standing up and looking to her.
"You had to basically pull her in here I think that means something went wrong today!" She says pointing to me lying on the couch helplessly.
"It's new for her" Frank comes into the room and says to Gemma. "She will get used to it" He continues before walking in and sitting in an armchair by the fire.
"Used to it? She wont get used to practically killing herself every time you train her!!" Gemma yells at Frank.
"She is training like an agent Gemma, this is what we do!" He replies gritting his teeth, trying to keep his cool.
"Enough both of you!!" Harry says loudly over them both. They both stop talking and look to him. "I love you both but for the love of god shut up. You heard her, her head is sore and you guys might be making it worse!" Harry continues before draping a blanket over the top of me. Frank takes it upon himself to leave the room and all the other boys follow suit, except for Harry who sits in the chair beside me, holding the ice pack to the top of my head.
"I've got to go to work" Gemma says from the doorway. "I'll talk to you later" She says emotionlessly before heading out the door.
"Is she mad or something?" I ask after the door slams shut heavily.
"I believe so, but never mind. I'm sorry about them" He says.
"It's fine really" I reply removing the ice pack from my head. "Was making me cold" I say before placing it on the floor. He nods and comes and sits on my couch. I lift my head up and lay it on his leg when he sits down. He rubs a single thumb over my head, the motion reminding me of wind screen wipers.
"I don't ever want to do that again...." I say in the silence, he chuckles to himself.
"And you don't have to if you don't want to, you know that right?" He says looking down to me.
"Yeah I know, I just don't think kicking ass is my kind of thing" I reply looking up to him.
"Oh you can kick ass alright, but I don't think you'd enjoy it as a day job" He laughs, his dimples displayed clearly and his eyes sparkle with delight.
"Maybe I could be like a techy person!" I say giggling.
"Nerd" He fakes being hurt when I slap his arm.
"If it means I don't have to do that again then yes, I'm the nerdiest of all the nerds. And without nerds like me you wouldn't even have a job" I say pointing out the fact that nerds rule.
"Very true" He replies after laughing for a little longer. In the silence that follows, I can feel my mind drifting away, thinking about things I don't want to think about.
"Harry?" I ask, he hums in response, keeping his eyes on his thumb, still circling across my forehead. "Do you think I will ever find my mum?" His finger stops and he looks at me with sad eyes.
"I don't know scar..." He trails off, at lost for words of what to say next.
"Do you think that I can look for her once we get back to Washington?" I ask him quietly.
"We know Bo had her Scar but that's all we know...." I cut him off before he continues.
"But thats a lead, thats the first shred of hope I've had that she isn't dead since she went missing" I say trying to sit up, but I decide against it and rest my head on Harry's lap once again.
"Frank's told Alex back in Washington, maybe Alex will have found something by the time we get back on Tuesday" He replies, we had gone over the details of us returning to DC in 3 days time. Gemma was getting some time off work and bringing Ella with her and staying until after the Secret Service ball the week after next. 
"Yeah maybe.." I say quietly.
"Don't lose hope, she's out there somewhere. We can get her back" He says smiling softly down to me, I nod my head slightly and allow my eyes to shut slightly, the exhaustion from a sleepless night hitting me suddenly like a ton of bricks.
"Get some sleep love" Harry whispers softly, tracing his thumb back and forth over my forehead again. I hum quietly and let my eyes fully shut, listening to the soft sound of crackling firewood beside us....