Chapter 18

*Louis' P.O.V*

"I'm sorry but this looks like it's broken, I have to report it" The nurse replied, Harry is so going to find out about this.

"What's broken?" We turn and see Harry standing at the door frame, all the blood drains from Scarlett's face, and for good reason. I know Harry and Harry...is going to flip out. Scarlett says nothing, I say nothing.

"I'm going to have to get that x-rayed" The nurse says stepping away from Scarlett's bed. "I will come collect you in an hour, until then I'll give you some meds" She hooks Scarlett up to the iv and injects some clear liquid into it. "That should ease the pain a bit in a few minutes or so" She places the needle into a case, and walks past Harry and out of the room.

"Louis what happened!?" Harry rages as soon as he's inside and the door is shut.

"Hey man it wasn't me okay!" I shout back in defence.

"Well then what happened" He is completely ignoring Scarlett, but it looks like she has too many drugs in her system to answer any questions at this point.

"It was that freak show who set me on fire!!" I yell.

"Okay there you go, always blaming things on Vanessa!!" He throws his hands up and starts pacing.

"It's true" A very groggy Scarlett whispers, Harry walks over and stands on the other side of the bed. "She came in here, telling me that you and her were together and that you only stayed close by me so my dad would give you a promotion or a bonus or something. That no-one here would even give a damn if I wasn't your bosses daughter" She says motioning to Harry and I. "And that if I even got near you in public again that it would be the last thing I do" She finishes, tears in her eyes. I can see Harry's face soften and I know he believes her.

"What did she break?" He asks softly.

"Well she sat on my knee for a while, but it might not be broken. It sure does hurt though" She replies, I can see her slipping away from the meds.

"Okay, there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing going on between Vanessa and I, she is a psycho" Harry starts sitting down.

"Thank the lord you see the light!" I say it in my mind but it comes out of my mouth, earning me a cold look from Harry. "I'm gonna go now, I'll see you later" I poke Scarlett's nose making her giggle slightly. Yup, she's away with the fairies. I start to walk out.

"Louis! I'm sorry about before!" Harry calls out, I turn around and cut him off.

"It's okay mate, I'll see you later." I don't want to be a third wheel in this situation. So I leave.

*Harry's P.O.V*

"It's okay mate, I'll see you later" Louis says as he walks out of Scarlett's room. 

"Anyway, Vanessa can't hurt you okay. I'll make sure of that" I say reaching for her hand, but she pulls it away from me.

"What about what she said, about my dad" She asks, slightly more awake then before.

"None of that is true! Believe me the way I feel about you has nothing to do with who your father is!! She is feeding you lies Scarlett, she's a loony"

"But you didn't think that before all this!" 

"This has made me see the light. Like Louis said" I say cupping her cheeks in my hands.

"My feelings are real" I whisper.

"I don't believe you" She whispers back, letting a few silent tears fall.

"Why?" I pull back.

"Because you've lied to me about so much already" 

"That's different I had to lie, that was my job I was told to do Scarlett" I start to get defensive.

"And this is still your job, right now your still doing your job Harry"  She replies quietly.

"Mr.Styles I'm going to have to ask you to leave we have to take Miss Munroe to her x-ray" The nurse from before re-enters and walks over to Scarlett's bed, I can slowly see her slipping into unconsciousness . I bend down and give her a kiss on the forehead and walk out of the room, marching in the direction of Frank's office. I had to do something about this.