Chapter 49

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty!!!" Gemma yells way too loudly right beside my ear. I groan and cover my head with my pillow, begging for a few moments more sleep.

"No time baby cakes! The ball starts in 7 hours!" She replies to my groaning, throwing back the covers making me shiver.

"And what do we have to do in those seven hours huh!?" I ask her, there's no work today. I asked Alex last night and he said because of the ball we didn't need to do any work.

"Uhmmm" Gemma replies standing watching me, she was already dressed into some summery clothes. "We could hang out with the boys, but we need at least 4 hours to get ready" She says. I sigh and sit up in my bed pulling the covers back over my waist.

"What kind of dress are you giving me that will take me 4 hours to put on?" I ask her appalled, it took and hour to get ready for my date with Harry, why 4 times longer for this.

"It's just a dress, but it's a beautiful dress. Plus there is make-up, hair, jewellery and shoes to worry about!" She replies throwing back my covers once again and standing up. "Now get up you lazy bum, you have a fiancé to be with!" I smile and finally jump up and put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before tying up my hair into a simple ponytail. 

"Hey where's Ella?" I ask Gemma, she leans out of the bathroom and replies.

"Frank offered to watch her for the day" I nod and throw my covers back onto my bed and make it semi presentable. I say goodbye to Gemma and leave the room in search of food. Unlike when I first stayed at HQ, these doors allow you to exit from the inside, which is good because that was just a pain in the but last time. I make my way down the corridor and walk into the kitchen, I find Louis and Liam making pancake batter.

"Morning boys!" I say announcing my presence, they both look up to me and say hello.

"You guys excited for tonight?" I ask them.

"Sure am" Louis says adding another pancake to the fry pan.

"It's always a fun night" Liam adds.

"Where is this thing held anyway?" I ask them. Louis takes some cooked pancakes off and adds them to some plates he's laid out.

"There's this room that we use for it, it's just this huge old ballroom" He replies.

"Do we have to dance?" I ask them both, sitting up on the island and eating a pancake with my hands, following along with what the other boys are doing.

"Well yeah it is a ball..held in a ballroom.....kind of self explanatory really!" Louis grins at me, I shove him with my free hand before returning to my food. 

"How does it feel being officially engaged?" Liam asks me, smiling at the ring on my hand. I blush slightly before finishing my mouthful.

"Yeah it feels great" I answer. "Where are the others?" 

"Their in the gym I think, or making last minute decisions on what tie to wear" Louis answers.

"And let me guess, you boys are oh so prepared!?" I ask sarcastically.

"No we are reaallly leaving things to the last minute" Liam answer for them both. I laugh and slide off the counter before helping them clean up. Once the dishes are put neatly away, Liam and Louis rush off to make themselves presentable for tonight. I've managed to kill an hour of time and now I go in search of something to do. I decide to go back to my room and enjoy the peace and quiet, Gemma's gone off somewhere so I pull out my book I bought at the airport what seems like a million years ago and start reading. It's called The Faults In Our Stars by John Green, who is my favourite author. And although many find the book sad and depressing I find it quite moving. I don't disagree at all, it is extremely sad and depressing and once your finished with the book you don't really know what to do with yourself, but I love the language he uses. John Green is one of my favourite authors ever and I find I often crave to read one of his books, which is why I picked this one. I remember back to the day I purchased it, Frank and Harry had just sprung this whole new world onto me and I was in quite a state. My whole life had been tipped upside down and I wanted it all to just be a dream, but it wasn't, and I'm kind of glad it's not. I am quite happy where I am now, though I don't yet know how I feel about my father, if I saw him again, would I run into his arms and hug him and tell him how much I love him, or would I yell at him and tell him how much I hate him for lying and leaving him when I needed him the most? I guess it's one of those situations where you don't know until you try. I daydream for a little more about the last few months before I bring myself back to the book in front of me, realising I'm still holding it up in my now tired arms. I get about 9 chapters in before the door opens to my right.