Chapter 46

***Harry's P.O.V****

"How is she doing?" Jack asked me, moving a little closer to the screen. All I could tell about his surroundings was that he was in something that resembled an office. A bookshelf against the wall piled with books, a lamp in the corner of the screen and I window with the blinds shut. The lamp lit up the room so I'm guessing wherever he was, it was nigh time.
"She's very good sir, I wanted to ask you something" I say mustering up all the confidence I had.
"And what is that?" He asked, Frank should have told me what he was like, this guy was a scary dude. I take a deep breath before looking back up to him.
"I would like to marry your daughter sir" He sits there staring at me for a few moments before leaning away from the screen and crossing his arms across his chest.
"Do you believe she is still in danger?" He asks peering at me, I start feeling slightly sweaty under his gaze. I stutter before replying.
"Well I don't think so sir" I say.
"It was part of the deal that she would take your last name because she was in danger, why do you want to go through with it if you don't believe she's in danger?!" He says, I feel a shiver go down my spine as he sends me a hard glare. He keeps talking before I can respond.
"Is there some new danger you aren't telling me about?" He asks furious.
"No sir there isn't she's perfectly safe!" I say quickly, trying to sound reassuring.
"Then what is it?" He shoots back quickly.
"Because I'm in love with her!!" I shout back at the monitor, not angrily, just desperate to get my point across. He looks quiet shocked, he straightens his back and swallows a lump in his throat.
"Do you truly love her?" He asks me. I nod immediately.
"Yes sir I do" I say quieter than before. He shuffles in his seat uncomfortably before returning his attention back to me.
"Why now?" He asks me, now this was the part I was prepared for.
"Sir, you have been an agent for many years so you know about the dangers we have to face" He nods before I continue. "I don't want to wait years to know what I already know now. Your daughter is beyond perfect. She is smart, caring, funny, crazy beautiful.....she makes me feel like the world isn't a horrible place like I previously thought, as though..nothing in the world could be wrong if she's smiling. I know that I will never love anyone else but her and I will cherish and love her for the rest of my life. I want to be with her more than anything and I will give her the best life possible and that is a promise I make to you" I finish and look up to see his reaction. He exhales heavily and seems lost in thought for a few moments.
"I know you will take care of her, because if you don't. I will end you" He says menacingly. Is that a yes orr....
"Does that mean I have your blessing" I ask, not being able to wipe away the smile I feel slowly appearing on my face. I see the hints of a smile grow on his.
"You have my blessing" He says after what seems like an eternity of silence. My face breaks into a ginormous grin and I slowly begin to relax.
"Thank you so much sir" I say trying to address him formally.
"I must be going now, nice speaking to you Harry" He says before clicking the 'end call' button and disappearing from my screen. I sigh in relief and flop into one of the spinning chairs. I know it was only a two minute conversation, but that had to be maybe the most nerve wracking 2 minutes of my life.....

***Scar's P.O.V****

"So what do we know so far?" I ask trailing behind Alex as he guides me to the strategy team room. I don't know how I feel about going to work with a bunch of older people when I'm just a scrawny teenager who's the new member of the team. Yes I accepted Alex's offer and will be mainly in strategy but will be allowed on some field work when I'm needed.
"We know that Bo had her under lock and key" Alex says, holding the door to a room open for me. The room had a large monitor on the back wall and infront of that was a big table with pens placed at the side of it. He went to a computer sitting at the corner of the room and typed into it. A large image of a file came up on the screen with Bo's face on it.
"He's a very dangerous man and has allies with lots of people" Alex say walking over to the table I was leaning against. He picked up one of the pens and began to write on it, the words showing up on the monitor above.
"His most common hide outs are usually in mountains or deserted areas like Peru, Bolivia and Egypt" He starts listing some names.
"These are some of the most dangerous people he has worked with, lots of them are in prison but that doesn't mean that all of their helpers are" He says and looks to me.
"Do we know what he was doing before he dies, credit card receipts, known locations, anything?" I ask him, he smiles and clicks the table and opens up the secret service page.
"That's your job to find out sweetheart" He teaches me how to use the machine and tells me to go with my gut.
"I'll be back in a little to check on you, just got to see to a few things" He announces before leaving me to it. This was kind of exciting. I was able to help looking for my mum instead of sitting on the sidelines and letting everyone else do all the work. It felt good, really good.....