Chapter 17

*Harry's P.O.V*

After the kiss between Scarlett and I, the nurse came in saying she had to run some tests with Scarlett and threw me out. I decided to use this time to take a shower. I realised I couldn't use my own room to shower because of the locking arrangement, so I went and grabbed a fresh change of clothes and went to use the gym showers on the other side of HQ. On the way I unfortunately see Louis talking to some other guys in the hallway, I try and avoid the obvious smart ass stuff from him and walk quicker toward the gym, but I am busted when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"What's up lover boy!" He chirps beside me. Louis is my best friend but sometimes I want to throw him against the wall, I probably wont but the option is always there,

"Hello Louis" I say ignoring his comment.

"Did you and the Mrs. have a fight or something?" He notices me not being with her which is odd for me. I've been constantly by her side for the past 3 days, it feels weird not being beside her...is that normal?

"Nurse doing test. I smell, so I'm having a shower" I nod holding up my clothes. Louis smells the air.

"Well I don't disagree with that, I need to go or else this smell will take hold of my soul" He replies sarcastically and walks away holding his nose. Maybe he ran out of witty comebacks? Oh well, I won't be escaping him any time soon.

After my refreshing shower, I chuck my fresh clothes on quickly and stuff my old ones into the duffel bag I brought with me. I go to exit through the gym when I see Zayn leaving as well.

"Hey man, Louis told me about Scarlett. That's great news!" He says slapping me on the back.

"What?" I reply, playing the innocent card.

"Louis said Scarlett was feeling a lot better, the lion was from all of us by the way" He replies, oh good Louis is okay.

"Yeah, she was up and talking today which has the doctors really pleased" I tell him, he smiles and nods.

"I thought you promised to be by her side, where is she?" Zayn asks. I told the boys about what Scarlett and I talked about when she first woke up, about how she didn't want me to leave and that she said she cared. The boys reacted like teenage girls, you know 'OHMIGOD WHAT' all that stuff. But they were really happy about it.

"Nurse kicked me out so she could run some tests, had to take a shower" I say as we reach my door, I unlock it and throw my bag in and close it again.

"You wanna come see her?" I ask Zayn, who's followed beside me the whole time.

"Yeah sure, why not" He smiles and I turn down the hallway towards Scarlett's room. I was not expecting to run into her here.

"Vanessa..?"

*Scarlett's P.O.V*

The nurse finishes up with her tests, making me spell my name backwards, saying the date, the alphabet backwards which was harder than I though without all this medication. I was just sitting in bed waiting for Harry to come back, about 20 minutes later the door opens.

"Vanessa...what are you doing here?" I ask, she looks like she's just come from a workout, her hair is wet and she has a duffel bag slung over her shoulder. She ignores me and walks right up to me bed and sits on my sprained knee.

"AHH-"I begin to scream in pain but she clamps a hand over my mouth to muffle my voice.

"Listen here princess, I hate to burst your bubble and everything, but Harry is mine. We have been in love for years and he's just pretending to like you because your dad can give him a big bonus! He need's a pretty girl who understands him and his world, and you are neither. I bet he doesn't even gives a rats ass about you, it would just look bad if you got killed under his watch. Once this is all done, he's gonna run back to me because there is no way anyone would voluntarily give you the time of day. If you so much as hold his hand in my presence ever again, it will be the last thing you do!" She whispers in my face, a few tears trickle down my face from both fear and pain. She hops off of my leg as the door opens, Harry and Zayn are standing in the door frame.

"Vanessa..?" Harry asks, speechless I guess. Vanessa whips around and smiles.

"Hello again, I was just wishing Scarlett a speedy recovery. Talk to you later love!" She french kisses my cheeks and stares at me harshly, only I can see it. She then leans back up and picks up her bag and walks past the boys.

"I'll check for lighter fluid" Zayn says and walks towards my bed and smell's my sheets before hugging me. Harry stands beside him and laughs.

"Where did you go!?" I ask Harry smiling as he sits down at the end of my bed.

"Just had a shower" Harry shrugs.

She said hello again, her hair was wet, she claims Harry is all hers.................no!

Zayn leads most of the conversation for the visit, I don't look at Harry or move my knee, she doesn't weigh much but damn she hurt a lot. Frank and Louis walk in a little while later.

"Ah Scarlett, you feeling better?!" Frank asks walking over to my bed.

"Yes I am, thank you!" I reply.

"Great. Zayn, Harry you have training now. Louis you can sit and keep Scarlett company" Oh shit, Louis looks superbly pleased with himself. Harry and Frank argue over this matter for a little but I don't really pay much attention to it. Harry eventually gives in and stands up Frank and Zayn walk out and Harry comes over to me.

"You gonna be alright?" He peers down at me.

"She will be fine mate" Louis answers for me. Harry kisses the top of my head.

"I'll be back later" He then runs after Frank and Zayn, closing the door on the way out.

"Well you two are just so adorable" Louis begins.

"Don't patronise me, I have had a bad morning" I moan.

"You were only away from Harry for half an hour, what could possibly have happened?" He jokes, if only he knew. I don't answer him and his face grows serious.

"What happened?" He sighs sitting on the famous spot at the end of the bed.

I tell him about what happened with Vanessa, everything word for word or how I remember it anyway. He listens to me the entire time.

"And you didn't tell Harry this why?" Louis asks me. He took this all very seriously.

"I have a feeling there is something between them. Maybe" I mumble looking in my lap.

"Where did Harry say he was?" Louis asks.

"In the shower"

"Oh.......no way! No come on they didn- No no nope. No way is my best friend shagging Vanessa!" He shouts.

"I never said they were shagging though thanks for that Lou"

"No he's not, there is now way. I'm pretty sure he only put's up with her"

"He seemed pretty un settled when he saw her in my room" I point out.

"That's not him though, he wouldn't kiss you and then go hook up with his ex" He pats my leg, being careful to stay away from my knee.

I don't say anything, I guess I don't know what to say about all of this.

"Let's have a look at your knee" He stands up and peels back the covers and looks at my knee.

"Holy shit" He mutters under his breath, it's bright purple and supremely munted.

"You have to tell him Scarlett" He stands up and walks to the phone.

"What are yo-" I begin, he cuts me off by holding his finger in my direction.

"Hi can I get the nurse into room 6 please.....thanks" He hangs up the phone and walks back to beside my bed, the nurse comes back and see's my knee.

"How did that happen Miss Munroe?" She gasps and looks at me. She knows this was recent so I can't lie.

"Agent Donald threatened her and sat on her knee" Louis says to her.

"Oh that girl, she has sent so many people in here it's unbelievable!"

"Can we keep this between us, we don't want her to get in trouble?" I ask the nurse, she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry but this looks like it's broken, I have to report it" She sighs.

"What's broken?" Harry walks back in the room picking up the end of the conversation. He looks up at me worriedly.

Shit.