Chapter 5

I stare at him in disbelieve, he must be joking. I'm not in any sort of danger I've done nothing wrong.

"What do you mean I'm not in any kind of danger. I don't need protection. There must be some mistake" My voice shakes as I speak. He opens his mouth to reply but a series of loud bangs cut him off, were those gun shots. Then silence, no one speaks or moves, I don't think I even breathed. I felt Harry's eyes on me at all times, his hands still holding my shoulders as if to keep me steady. The door opens and we hear a voice.

"Mr Jones everything is alright, students you can come out" I hear the vice principal speak from the door, Harry stands up and pulls me up gently and stands me to my feet.

"Students your parents have been notified and are coming to pick you up, don't go into the hallway go through the window" She points to the large windows covering one side of the class, we are on the ground floor thankfully.

"Why do they-" Mr Jones begins.

"Because the hallway is off limits thats why, now come on kids" That shuts us all up, I assume that means the person who came into school was dead in the hallway or something like that. Harry walks me over to my desk and packs away his things then mine. His bag is slung over his shoulder and he hands my handbag to me, he wraps his arm around my waist and tugs me towards the windows where he assists me climbing out. Once on the grass he grabs my hand and power walks out the gates.

"I- I have to wait for my dad"

"He knows your coming with me" He puts simply not slowing his pace at all. How does my dad know about all of this and arrange plans for me so soon. Harry hasn't even been on his phone since this morning. Wait my dad hasn't met Harry, has he?.

"How do you know my dad?" I ask and he stops walking and turns to me slowly. 

"I will explain everything"

"When?" I say releasing his hand, I still have no idea how this all happened. How he knew about the intruder, how he knows my dad..

"Please just come with me, I need to make sure you are safe before we tell you" He says pulling me in close to him and pulling him towards a black four wheel drive with tinted windows. Given the morning I have had this should have made me scream and run, but I was with Harry, and even though I only met him yesterday, I felt safe with him. He opened the door to the backseat and climbed into the front seat, someone else was driving the car which had me worried.

"Miss Munroe my name is Frank Styles, we are going to keep you safe. Please don't ask questions until we are home" He speaks while driving the car out of the parking lot, the whole statement sounded rehearsed. And since when was I Miss Munroe? I stayed quiet for the short ride, questions bubbling up inside of me. We finally pulled up to an ordinary looking townhouse and pulled into a driveway. Harry immediately came to my door and offered his hand to help me out of the car, I refused it. After the short car ride I had to reflect on everything, I realised that Harry was lying to me this whole time, was his name even Harry i don't know. A hurt look crossed his face, but I ignored it as best as I could. Frank gestured to the door at the side and we all went through to what I guess is the living room, I half expected my dad to be there or something, but nothing awaited me there. I walked to the middle of the room and turned around to see Frank and Harry standing there looking at me.

"Well...explain..." Frank and Harry look to each other quickly and Harry gives Frank a small nod.

"Where would you like to start" He says gesturing for me to sit down in an armchair while they sit on the full length couch.

"Wheres my dad?" To this Frank checks his watch and says. "Probably somewhere over the Atlantic by now" 

"So he isn't here then?"

"No he isn't" Frank replied.

"Well then can one of you explain how you know my father?"

"Long story or short?" Harry replies after a short pause of silence.

"Whichever one makes me understand more" I say.

"Okay. Here we go" Frank says and takes in a deep breath.

"Your dad and I worked together in the secret service many years ago. He wanted to keep that a secret from you, Derek and everyone else around him for your own safety. Your father was a brilliant agent, one of the best I have ever seen, then your he met your mum and she asked him to stop so they could have a family. He agreed and he quit the agency for good. Lately some bad people he put in prison have been making threats against you, not him, you because they know you mean the world to him. He took these threats seriously and called me to help him, he asked if Harry could come and protect you from any potential threats. Today a hit man was seen around your school property and I called Harry and told him, he went into school and was shot by one of our agents posing as a policeman. I told your father and we put him on a plane and got him out of here" Frank said again like he had rehearsed it a million times before.

"Why did my dad not tell me about this when he called you guys?" I get up and start walking around for no reason at all.

"He thought it would be protecting you" Harry says calmly.

"I know this is a lot to process right now but we have to get you on a plane" Frank stands and walks into the hallway half talking to me and half to himself.

"Woah I am not going anywhere until I get more answers!" I shout down the hall making Frank stop in his tracks. He turns slowly and says.

"Look Miss Munroe, we don't know how long we have until they find you here so we need to get you out of here and we can sort this all out when we get to America, but first we have a few things we need to go over. First I need your cellphone so where is it" He is not playing around.

"In my ba-" I am cut off by Harry fishing my cellphone from my bag and chucking it to Frank, who catches it and throws it on the ground.

"So they cant track you" Harry stands beside me and speaks up for the first time in a while. Once Frank finishes jumping he scoops up the corpse of my phone and puts it in the sink and sends it down the drain. 

"Now here is your passport and new identity" He hands me a passport and drivers license, I look at the name and see if I have to change mine.

"Uhhh why does it say I'm Scarlett Styles?" I ask pointing to my new name on the passport, it's me in the photo but that's not what I was expecting.

Frank shuffles on his feet and stares at the ground for a little while. When he looks up to see I'm still glaring at him he says fast.

"For your protection, you and Harry are now married"