Chapter 11- Ricky

Chapter 11

Ricky:

I lowered the phone from my ear, growing angrier by the second. Walking out of the airport, I signaled for a taxi. It pulled over and I got in.

"Where to, mate?" he said in a thick British accent. I looked down at my phone and decided to track her by the GPS on her phone. I got the location and looked at the driver.

"Park Plaza Hotel in Westminster Bridge, please," I told him. "Step on it."

"Alright, mate."

The ride there was quiet. I looked out the window the whole time, gazing at the different buildings and statues we passed. It was a busy city, by the looks of all the people walking on the streets. Most of them were either on cell phones or in a hurry and sometimes both. I was growing impatient after ten minutes passed.

"How much longer," I said, gritting my teeth.

"Chill out, mate. We're here," he said, stopping the car. I looked up to a tall, glass building. The sun reflecting off of it made it hard to stare at it for long. I reached in my pocket and pulled out some money, then handed it to him. I got out of the car and slammed the door. It was warmer in London than I thought. The heat would have been unbearable had the wind not been blowing heavily.

The building was bigger than I thought. A hundred floor, easy. I ran inside and up to a man at the front desk. My footsteps echoed in the empty lobby, signaling my entrance. The man looked up and smiled at me.

"Hello, sir. Can I help you?"

"Is there a Sophia Anderson here by any chance?" I asked him quickly.

"Let me see..." he said, typing into his computer. Moments later he looked back at me. "Yes, there is; room 279A on floor twenty-nine. Would you like me to call her down?"

"No, thank you. I'll find her myself."

I ran over to the elevators and pressed the button for up. When the door dinged and opened, I ran inside, frantically pressing button twenty-nine. I turned around the I felt the sun on my back, shining in through the glass elevator. I could see Big Ben and all of the other old buildings around it. The view was incredible. But the view is the last thing I should be worried about. All I wanted was Sophie.

When the door opened I ran down the hallway, gazing at the numbers to the rooms and not finding hers. Finally finding hers, I pounded on the door, calling her name.

"Sophie, open the door. Open the door right now!"

No answer.

"Sophie, open up now!"

No answer.

After pounding on the door for over five minutes, I realized she wasn't in there. A maid passed me and looked at me strangely. I couldn't just wait here outside her door. Someone would think something is wrong. I didn't want anyone to know. I decided I would come back later when I knew she would be here.

I went back to the lobby and approached the desk once more.

"How much for a room? And what's the closest I can have to floor twenty-nine?" I asked him impatiently. He typed some keys and clicked the mouse a few times then looked back at me.

"We have one room available. It's a single bed, and it's on the thirty-first floor."

"I'll take it," I told him, handing him my card. He swiped it and handed it back to me, along with a hotel key.

"Here you go, sir. I hope your stay is a good one."

"Yeah, whatever, thanks," I mumbled, walking back to the elevators. I grew anxious, knowing I would see Sophie soon. I would forgive her for last time. I knew she was just scared. She loves me... I know she does.