Chapter 8- Ricky

Chapter 8

Ricky:

I slipped the thin silver blade in between the crack in the window, unlocking the locks that kept her room sealed. The moon was shining brightly, enough that I didn't need a flashlight. The lock clicked, signaling I had entry to her house. I gently slid the window up and stepped into her room from the small balcony I was standing on.

It was late, and I knew she would probably be arriving home soon from work. I walked over to her bed and felt the pillow and blankets, which were cold. I glanced at the clock, showing it was almost midnight. She would be home soon. The thought of seeing her made me happy. I felt like something wasn't right. Looking around her room, I searched for a difference in the cold, moonlit room. Then I realized it.

Where was the dog?

I walked out of her room and down the stairs into the living room. There was still no sign of that God-forsaken mutt that caused Sophie to get away from me yet again. I searched the kitchen; nothing. I walked to the back door, unlocked it, and peered outside on the balcony. Flower pots lined the rails of the balcony, including another side. There was a small, black, metal table with two chairs on either side with another flower pot in the center. It was a peaceful place, and it was just like Sophie to have one. But there was still no sign of the dog.

Walking back inside, I closed and locked the door behind me. I walked back upstairs to her bedroom, still wondering where Sophie and the dog were. She should've been home by now. Where was she? I wonder if she went back home to her mother? If she did, I would be there too.

I noticed a laptop on her desk and decided to take a look at it. I opened it and turned it on, watching it come to life. Once it was loaded, I clicked on the internet, watching the box pop up. I clicked at the history button. Looking through the list, I didn't notice anything out of the blue. There were mostly college sights and her email. Then I noticed something weird. Airfares to England.

I clicked on it and waited for the screen to load. Once it did, I read what was on the page, widening my eyes. It said she'd bought a ticket to London, England. It was supposed to depart at eleven; a little over an hour ago.

I stood up, knocking the chair back. I paced back and forth in front of the desk. It all made sense now. She took the dog with her, and that's why it's so quiet. I walked over to her closet, which had empty hangers in it. I opened her dresser drawers, finding that most of everything was gone.

Why would she go to London? She must have some sort of reason. Did she do it to get away from me? She can't get rid of me that easily. I love her, and I would follow her anywhere in the world. And that's what I decided to do.

I went back to the desk, putting the chair upright and sitting on it. I clicked the available departures to London, England. There was one leaving at seven in the morning. I clicked the 'Buy Tickets' button and waited for the paper to print out.

"You will be mine, Sophie," I whispered aloud. "Forever and ever. I promise."