Chapter 3- Ricky

Chapter 3

Ricky:

I watched her walk out of the coffee shop. A to-go coffee cup was in her hands, and she would drink out of it every minute or so. She walked along with her German shepherd, Naomi. I noticed the long scar along her side. It was fully healed, but there would always be a bright pink mark down the side of her.

God, I had missed her. I hadn't seen her in almost a year. But I finally tracked her down and found out where she lived, where she went to school, where she worked... It was nice to have control again.

I wondered if she'd forgotten about me over the course of a year. No, of course, she hadn't. She loves me, just like I love her.

My fingers felt over the scar on my abdomen. The scar she had given me over a year ago. I learned to forgive her. Forgiveness was a big step when you wanted to trust someone again.

I followed her on the opposite side of the street, watching her gaze at things she saw in the display windows as she passed shops. She'd stopped at one particular shop and gazed in the window. It was a used book shop. She gazed into it and I saw her face through the reflection of the window.

She was beautiful as ever. She was growing out her dark brown hair, which was now down to the middle of her back. She looked closer into the window, and then got a horrified expression on her face. Then I realized she must've felt me watching her. I quickly ran into the nearest store I could, so she wouldn't see me.

That store just happened to be a flower shop. I inhaled the aroma of all the flowers around me. I was greeted by a kind old woman, who looked to be in her sixties. I smiled at her.

"Good morning," I said, taking glances back at Sophie.

"Good morning, dear. Is there anything I could help you with?" she asked, smiling.

I watched as Sophie looked around wildly, and then continued to walk down the sidewalk, turning a corner into her apartment complex. I looked back at the woman.

"Yes. I was wondering if you had any jasmine flowers here," I asked, casually walking up to the counter.

"Yes, we do. Something for the special lady?" she asked, winking at me, chuckling softly.

"Yes, actually. She loves jasmines. I'm hoping to surprise her," I said, thinking of the perfect story to tell this old woman. "See, she doesn't know I'm back in town, and I wanted to get her something nice."

She clapped her hands together once and smiled brightly at me. "Well, then she's going to get a big surprise when she sees what you got for her. I have a perfect idea," she said. She motioned me to follow her. "Come to the back with me."

I followed her to the back, only half listening to what she was going to do for me. I was mainly focused on Sophie. I was finally going to get to see her soon... to hold her in my arms.

"Don't you worry, Sophie," I whispered to myself. "I'll be with you soon."