Chapter 5- Sophie

Chapter 5

Sophie:

I took a step back, trembling.

"I killed you," I whispered, tears falling down my cheeks. "You're supposed to be dead..."

He got up from the chair and took a few steps closer to me. "No, Sophie... I could never leave you alone," he said, taking a step closer.

All of the painful, terrorizing images came flooding back into my head. The painful sounds of my clothes ripping, the yelp of Naomi when the knife plunged into her fur, and the last words that were spoken to me by Ricky. I shook my head, trying to erase the images and noises that were all just a memory. But it wasn't just a memory... It was all happening again.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. "Where's Naomi," I demanded.

He sighed, looking away from me.

"Where is she?!" I yelled. I took a few steps back, unable to control my trembling. I can't believe this is happening again... I thought this was over...

"Don't worry; I didn't hurt her, Sophie. I know she means a lot to you, and I couldn't stand to see you sad or upset," he said. "I love you."

There were those three words again. But something in his voice made it seem convincing. What do I do? If I'm quick, I could make it outside.

"You know what I want more than anything in the world right now, Ricky?" I asked him.

He looked hopeful as he took a step closer. "What is it, my love? I'll get it for you."

I tried to glare at him as best I could, but the tears were getting in the way. I tried to put as much venom in my voice as I could. "I want you dead."

I saw something flicker in his eyes. Sadness? Regret, maybe? His smile faltered but regained just as quickly.

"Sophie... I know you don't mean that," he said, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I yelled.

"Because I love you, Sophie!" he yelled back. The desperation in his voice was overwhelming. Why couldn't he just get it through his head? But most importantly, why the hell is he still alive?

"Love? You call this love?" I whispered through tears. "Raping me, terrorizing me, and almost killing the people I care about... that's love to you?"

"I did it all for you, Sophie. You have to know that."

"Why aren't you dead?" I blurted out. I wanted to know how he survived. How he got away. I needed to know why he wasn't dead.

He took a deep breath and looked at me, taking a step closer. "None of that matters, Sophie. As long as I'm here for you," he said. I saw him getting angrier by the second. "Now you're going to come with me, whether you want to or not. We're finally going to be together, and nothing is going to drive us apart."

I shook my head, edging towards the door. "No, I'm not going with you."

"You will Sophie; whether you like it or not."

I took my chance and ran out the door and down the stairs. I heard his footsteps close behind me, and getting closer. The front door was almost ten feet from me. I could make it.

I almost reached the door when I was pulled back from my hair. I cried out in pain and fell to the floor. He was over me, pinning my arms above my head. I struggled but it was no use.

"Just let me go," I cried, looking away from him.

"I can't do that Sophie," he replied, holding my wrists with one hand while holding his knife to my neck. He leaned down and tried to kiss me, but I twisted my head away. He pushed the blade of the knife down on my shoulder, breaking the skin and causing blood to flow. I cried out in pain as he ran the blade a few inches up my arm.