Chaper 15

Chapter Fifteen: Battle Time

{Orphia's POV}

I gripped the hilt of Arisha as I clashed with one of the ghouls. A Naberius. I hesitated slightly and it smacked me through the brick wall. I was sighing until I realized I was falling.

"Damn that stupid wall for being weak!" I yelled turning my body around and hitting the ground. There was no impact which startled me. But I remembered that this wasn't the first time.

I decided to take a self-made bet. I dashed straight for the wall and lifted one foot onto it pushing myself further and further upwards.

<>

"What's your deal?! Can't you see this isn't how you treat your host!" I scolded the ghoul. It merely gave me the same monotone grunt as an answer and lunged for me again. I was covered in cuts and bruises and a steady stream of blood fell from the corner of my mouth.

It was proving more difficult than I expected.

*Crash*

I looked back to see Rin and yet another Naberius. He held the Kurikara in his hand and he seemed just as beat up as me.

"Ori!" I spun back but got pinned to the ground by my neck. I gasped for air while trying to break free. A blue light stunned the ghoul above me and I unsheathed my sword and stabbed it into it's body.

Pink crystals grew from the guard and onto the Naberius' body and spread out from there, embalming it in a thick layer of iron-like gemstone.

Rin appeared above me with his hand out. I placed mine in his and he pulled me to my feet.

<>

When we got back to the classroom where the others were it seemed like they killed the final Naberius. Sheimi didn't look too well and Yukio seemed like he was going to have a stroke or something.

Suddenly a hand rested on my shoulder and chills ravaged up my spine.

"Don't ever touch me again baldy!" I snapped at Mephisto. He looked at me questioningly but moved on to talk to everyone else. Apparently, the entire attack was staged and used as a test.

All of us were forced to stay the night in the infirmary except for me. Mephisto simply lectured me on the use of Arisha which awakened my powers but not fully.

In my room I lied Arisha on my desk and stared at it from my bed. It glistened in the dim moonlight creating an inviting aura. I don't know what snapped inside my conscience, but I soon found myself overwhelmed.

My hands were on the scabbard sliding the fine iron sword out. I had no control over what I was doing. It was as if I was sleepwalking.

The blade was almost free when someone hugged my waist from behind.

"Trust me, when you do that, you'll wish you were dead" Rin's soft voice stated. It was enough to snap me back and my arms fell to my sides. We stayed like this for enough time that I lost track of it.

"I'll do the work for you. So please, don't become a monster like me yet." He muttered. His voice was shaking like he was scared of something.

"Okay"