Padre.

"So, have you talked to your mom lately?", Adam asked me. I played with my hands to avoid his question, but it's been proven that that doesn't work.

"No.", I sighed.

"I know she's been busy lately, but she doesn't want to do this if you're not comfortable.", he admitted.

I shrugged. "I haven't really talked to her since New York."

"Well, she's downstairs." Adam stood up, and put my computer chair back. Then he gave an awkward wave to Silas, who was lying next to me in my bed.

                                       + +

Silas and I looked at each other.

"How awkward was that?", Silas grinned.

I laughed, as Silas pressed play on my computer. The Rifles flooded my speakers, as I started to look through his crate of vinyl CDs. He'd gone to his car to get his record player and CDs last night.

I wasn't looking for Revolver. Well, maybe.

It's been stuck in my head since he played it in New York, and now all I wanted to do was listen to it. "What are you looking for?", he asked.

"I don't know.", I shrugged nonchalantly.
I pulled out Revolver, and grinned at Silas. He chuckled.

                                         +

"You know, you're not bad.", I said to Adam. We were in the Public Garden, talking about nothing. My mom figured it would be good for us to get comfortable with each other, but I think otherwise. I don't think it's smart to get too attached. Just in case.

He laughed. "Not bad? I'll take it."

"Well, except for that one incident-"

"I bought you new towels and a box of cereal."

"Yeah, but you bought Corn Flakes. I don't even eat Corn Flakes.", I smiled.

"Oh, excuse me, I'm sorry. I'll buy you a new one tomorrow.", he chuckled.

"Well, in that case, some Teddy Grahams, and Hot Chocolate mix too.", I joked. He laughed at this.

"Thanks. For being there for my mom. She...needed someone, and I'm glad it's you.", I said.

"My pleasure.", he smiled at me. I studied him for a moment. Then it hit me.

"Wait a minute... How old are you?"

"31.", he responded, getting up from the bench we were sitting on. I got up too.

"31 plus...?", I continued, as we left the gardens.

"0.", he said.

"Oh my god, yes.", I smiled.

"What?"

"I made a bet with Hazel, you know, the girl with the lavender hair, that you were younger than 35.", I admitted.

Adam looked at me, then laughed. "I'm...flattered?"

--

Happy Fathers Day ! :)

Short chapter for today, but next one will be longer, I promise.

Comment, vote, follow :) xx