Sweater Weather

I sat with my textbook on the desk, and dropped my bag on the floor. Aside from staying up with Hazel two nights in a row, I had a really cool weekend.

Something I haven't experienced in a while.

And yes, my little non-date with Silas plays a major part in that theory. Well, actually, it was more like two friends hanging out, which could lead to something else, which technically is a date, but my life is a mess and I haven't experienced one in a while, and so I don't really know anything anymore. And, I could expand on that, because no one pays attention in Physics. Well, at least I don't.

"We have a quiz today. I hope you all studied.", my teacher announced.

I chuckled and got up. "Mr. Lopez, may I go to the bathroom?", I asked. He sighed and wrote me a pass. "Thanks.", I smiled, leaving the room.

I walked upstairs to the main level, heading straight for the attendance window. As I reached the senior sign out log, I noticed a familiar lavender head of hair, wearing the lanyard bracelet that, weirdly, looked like-

"Hazel!", I yelled. Hazel turned around and ran towards my open arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?", I asked her, as we hugged.

"Oh, my parents let me come down to visit.", she responded.

I smiled. "But your parents fucking hate me.", I reminded her.

"Yeah, I know, that's why I said I was visiting Cat.", she said.

I rolled my eyes.

Cat Morelis was our best friend back in freshman year. But then she slept with Colin and moved away.

The End.

"You guys talk now?", I asked.

She shook her head. "But you know my parents worship Cat, so if I said I was doing coke with her, they would've hugged me with pride flowing out of their asses."

I laughed, as we began to walk towards the front doors.

                                + + + +

"So, what's the deal with Boston?", Hazel asked, licking an ice cream cone. Only Hazel would be eating ice cream in 40 degree weather.

"I love it. Even though I love San Francisco more.", I said. I skipped my quiz, and Hazel had skipped checking in with her parents. "No, dumbass, that's code for 'How's it going with Silas?" I could give two shits about Boston.', Hazel said.

I chuckled. "We have an agreement to meet outside the school doors everyday, and walk home together.", I announced, realizing how cheesy that was. "That's cute. Have you guys kissed yet?", Hazel asked, taking a bite out of her cone.

I shook my head. "We should though.", I said.

Hazel chuckled, as her phone vibrated. "Anne and Ben.", Hazel said, stuffing her phone back into her backpack. Hazel called her parents Anne and Ben, because to her, those were stuck-up names, and that was the type of people they were.

Even though, they were pretty wild back in art school. That's when Hazel and I were conceived, when our parents were still close, and before they raided J.Crew and bought all the Posh for Dummies books.

After that, they had a kid, Hazel's younger brother Justin. He's sweet, but Hazel isn't very close to him. And anyway, he was pretty busy being 15 and in college already. "They're pretty pissed right now. They especially hate that I totaled their new car and blamed it on Justin.", Hazel laughed.