Chapter 23

I work at a computer store sometimes for two shifts a day, I leave Sam in the nursery across from the shop I work in, so I can check on him during the day when I'm working.
Trying to raise a baby, and trying to start a career is not that easy, having a baby is full time job.
But I wouldn't trade it for the world, I love Sam more than I life itself.

I picked Sam from the nursery as soon as I finished my shift and I drove back to my apartment.

The day went by like any other day and the following month as well.

I didn't hear from Dylan since that day, a part of me was glad but the bigger part was disappointed I thought he was going to at least try fighting for me, but I guess he gave up, it's for the better anyways.

I dropped Sam at the nursery and I walked out heading to my work, a black car stopped in front of me.
Dylan opened the door and got out.

What is he doing here?

"Audrey we need to talk." He said in serious tone. He was rather commanding not asking.

I ignored him and I tried walking past him.

He grabbed my arms.

"What?" I said trying to focus my attention on anything but him.
Still to this day I feel weak, I can't look at his eyes because if I do I will lose my strength, the walls I have built all this time will shatter.

"We need to talk." He repeated.
He took my silence as a yes.

"Come." He held my arms walking me to the coffee shop around the corner.

I didn't want to make a scene so I silently obeyed.

We sat at the table in the far corner of the shop.

"Talk." I said as we sat down.

"Do you want to order anything first?" He asked looking at the menu.

"No."

The waitress came to take our order.

"Two English breakfast tea." He handed her menu. She smiled at him ignoring my existence.

She came back with the tea and her cleavage showing more than it did earlier, did she seriously change her shirt?
I rolled my eyes.

"Okay?" I said waiting for him to start talking.

"I left last month urgently for work, I just got back."

That explains his sudden disappearance.

"And?"

"Listen Audrey, we're not kids anymore, hell we have a son."

"That you didn't even know about." I rolled my eyes.

"That you didn't tell me about." He said almost screaming.

I was taken back by his sudden anger.

"You left me." I reminded him.
"I didn't know you were pregnant." He argued.
"You didn't want anything to hold you back remember? you didn't want me, why will you want him?." I said trying my best to keep calm.

"You know I didn't mean it in that way, I wanted to be successful." He looked down, his face held so much sadness. He looked at me straight in the eye and continued. "I wanted to be someone you're proud to be with."
My heart etched at his statement. It never crossed my mind that he did this for me.

"I didn't want this." I said. I was happy with how things were.

"I know. But eventually you would."

I was taken back by his words. Did he really think I needed money to be happy?

"And you couldn't do that while we're together?" I asked.

"I tried to make it work here, I couldn't, my only chance was to go to New York, and I couldn't ask you to do that, to move across the country for me."

"I would've went." I said truthfully.

"I know." He smiled.

I tried my best to hold back my tears.

Being with him feels natural, sitting across of him now all I can feel for this man is love, regardless of the sadness he caused me, I still love him.
We stayed quiet for a few minute it wasn't awkward, we were both deep in thoughts, he was drinking his tea, I started sipping mine before he started talking again.

"I was't selfish then, but I am now, I don't want to leave you guys again."

"What are you exactly saying?"

"Come with me. Come to New York, a new city and a new life, we'll start fresh there. I will give you everything you've ever dreamed off"
I was about to talk when he stopped me.

"Don't give me an answer now. I still love you, hell maybe more than I even did before, we have both done our fare share of mistakes. I want us to be together, to be a family, for our son. I'm leaving at the end of week, I will wait for you, if I don't hear from you until then, I won't bother you again." He finished his sentence and he stood up.

"Bye Audrey." He smiled.

I watched him leave the cafe, I blinked few times to make sure I wasn't just dreaming.

What the hell just happened?

Hello it's me again, I know I said the story will end soon, but the thing is I'm not done writing the story, the story is coming to an end tho.

Thank you all for continuing reading the story, I know I don't update very often, I've been really busy, I will try to update more often now.