Hidden Smile

Jordan POV:

The house was quiet for once, Chris took the boys school shopping while I stayed home to prepare dinner.

Things have been a little rocky between us, but we're working through it. This was nothing new to us, we've been through worse.

I still love my husband of course, we're just now starting to bump heads over the boys. Cameron has gotten in three fights and got suspended for each one this pervious school year.

Chris thinks it's okay and I don't. I want my boys to make something of themselves and not become criminals by the age of eighteen.

Of course I knew this day would come, where they would have to face others and their opinion about me and Chris being married.

Most kids either grow up with a mother and father. In our situation things are different, they have two fathers with no woman in the picture.

Jr try to pretend it doesn't bother him, but I can read him at times. He has told me a few of the comments kids say at his school about me and Chris, which makes me proud of him for not lashing out.

We've talked to jr about these things and how harsh people can be in the real world. Our lifestyle isn't seen as 'normal' although be feel and believe it is.

I set the table as I turned the food down to a lower temperature, the boys should be walking in soon. I heard my phone ringing from the living room as I rushed over to my brother Calling.

_____

Incoming Call; Bro'Renzo

"Wassup?" I asked answering the phone. "Leaving the park with the kids, just had a question bro, before you go crazy just hear me out" he said as I laughed through the phone.

"I'm listing?" I said as I heard him take a deep breath through the phone. "Let me sale the old house" he asked. "Wait before you comment" he continued.

"Bro the market is booming right now, we can get one point five off the rip " he said as I shook my head. "I don't know Renzo, that's mom house man."

"She worked hard getting the house and building it bro, her and dad" I said as I heard the front door open.

"Jordan, man, I know she left the house to you but come on dude, it's just sitting, and the family that's renting it want to buy it I through them a price and they said they would take it, just think about it."

"We split half, that's good money man" he said laughing. "I'll sleep on it, I got to go the family here" I said hanging up the phone as Chris walked up behind me.

"It smells good" he said rubbing my lower back. "Did you talk to cam?" I asked avoiding his comment.

He didn't say anything, just sucked his teeth at me nodding his head as jr and cam turned the corner dragging all their bags.