New beginning

"Welcome to Gables River Oaks luxury condos How can we help you ma'am?" A slim feminine guy acknowledges as my mom approached the front desk. "Hello is Mr.Clark in today?" She asked in her professional voice. I rolled my eyes as I took a seat in one of the chairs putting my earphones in. A white guy walked in to the main entrance greeting my mom shaking her hand. She snapped her fingers at me telling me to come on as the guy guided her to the elevator.

Stepping in behind them removing my earphone as my mom pulled one from my hear. "Excuse my son, teenagers" she said as they laughed together. I ignored them as we stepped from the elevator walking down to the last door on the left. "I reserved this condo just for you Ms.Thomson, the lay out is gorgeous as you can see, heated wooden floors"

"glass counter tops, luxury brand all over this amazing condo and it's a two bed room two bath as you requested. Here at Gables River Oaks we offers the best in amenities. The Community has a resort style saltwater pool with 4 cabanas, 3 gas grills and prep areas, 2 pet parks, a theatre room, demonstration kitchen, billiards room, game room, business center and boardroom." He said as he opened the curtains with the remote in his hand.

My mom smiles looking at me "this is perfect isn't it". She removed her glasses walking around the fully furnished condo. "Must I included it comes furnished if you prefer this style, we do custom styles too to fit your need". He said handing her the packet. "My god ! say no more we will take it" she said handing him back the packet.

"We haven't discuss the price yet" he said handing her back the packet. I laughed as he turned facing me. My mom giggles herself. "Price?, give me a number sir" she said as she grabbed her purse. "This particular condo rang from 1750$ to 2125 a month depending on location and your security deposit" he replied looking my mom up and down as he let out a Sarcastic chuckle.

"Cash or check?" My mom replied pulling out her check book and a stack of cash. His eyes widen, he wasn't expecting that I thought to myself. "Boom" I said laughing as I walked toward the room on the other side of the condo, then back to the living room. "Let's go down to my office and get your paper work filed and your keys, welcome to luxury living you will enjoy every minute of your life here".

We headed down to his office, him and my mom talked for a few minutes before she signed a few papers. He handed her two keys which one was given to me. "Congratulation on your new home, you'll be able to move in whenever you'll like to", he said shaking both of our hands.

Walking out the complex back to the car. "Do you like your new apartment?" She asked as she unlocked the car doors getting in. "Sure, it's a little too much for me but it will do. Nice to know I'm thirty minutes away from my school now. Thanks mom" I sarcastically smiled. "Don't be a brat about it, you should be happy I could've left your ass in the house or homeless".

She pointed her finger at me as she put her shades back on pulling off. I didn't say anything back to her. We pulled back up to our old house as the movers were moving everything into the truck. I was honestly happy we were moving out, every time I stepped foot into that house I get flash backs about that night my parents fought.

"Grab your clothes and nothing else, we have to be at the dealership within the next hour, make sure you have your license too Jordan" she screamed out as I entered the house. I asked two of the movers to carry the boxes that says clothes to the truck in the garage. I went into my safe grabbing the 7700$ so I can get my car.