Wrong Move

The band was playing as they marched through the court yard to the north gym. All the football players were in the room above the court yard watching.

Coach Drew walked into the room asking us if we were ready. We walked down behind the Golden Steppers as they danced through the court yard.

Everybody was walking towards the gym . The team was so hype ! Today was the first game of the season and tickets were already sold out ! I seen Daniel walking with a group of his friends, he nodded at me before walking inside the building.

Things have been a little awkward between us since he told me he loved me. We walked into the north gym as the bleacher started to fill up, all the athletes sat in one section. Taking our seat as the principle walked to the center of the gym.

"What a wonderful morning Alief High, our first pre-rally to start the year off woooo" she shouted as we all screamed. "I have a huge announcement for the seniors this year, as a class total ! Since you guys freshman year to today you guys have managed to raise 45,000$ for prom wow!"

She said with a huge smile on her face. "That means you guys will have one of the best proms Alief high has ever had". All the seniors went crazy ! "also I have more, with you guys raising so much money a selection of prom tickets will be free" we all screamed .." But" she said as we all calmed down .

"But only one per student , you're paying for your date" she said laughing handing over the mic to the announcement team as we said the pledge of Allegiance. After that the show started, the golden steppers put on a great performance, then the A.N.T dancer got up and did their thing ! Even the teachers put together a little skit to introduce themselves to the new comers.

I made my way to the side where coach was standing, he handed me the mic as I walked to the floor. Everybody started chanting my name which made me smile so hard. I looked around and found Daniel who was smiling at me which made me a little comfortable.

"Ayaaa turn up" I laughing. "Alright, alright ! Settle down please" waiting on them to calm down. "For those who don't know me, I'm captain of the football team and the head quarterback " I said as they all screamed.

"Most of you loved coach Mathew and wondering why he isn't here, he had to take a year off but he'l forever be apart of our team. Now this past summer we went through a lot gathering this amazing team". I said as I continued calling down all the seniors on the team first, they cheered as I called each name until I got to all the new comers.

"Now, the group of guys I'm about to call down are new to the family. These boys have worked and earned the respect from me and all their other teammates." I called the new team members down as their classes screamed for them. They all were honored with the new Alief team membership. They wrapped up the pre-rally as we all walked to our first period class.

Which was cut 30 minutes due to the pre-rally. The school day went by fast, Daniel had text me and told me he had something to show me, I was hoping and praying it had nothing to do with me lord. Texting him back as I walked to me car he was already standing there sitting on top of a all red BMW 335i.

He smiles at me jumping down as I approached him. "Hard work pays off thank you Jordan", he said as we did our hand shake. "It's nice man, I'm happy for you. You deserve it bae...." Shit, "my bad I wasn't trying to say that I meant bro". Fuck was I thinking calling him bae.