Chapter 16

New upload! yay! Some very interesting discoveries in this one! Enjoy! and don't forget to comment and vote for quicker uploads!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My eye lids felt heavy as I slowly tried to register my surroundings. I smelt the familiar smell of disinfectants whilst the memories of what had happened quickly replayed in my head. I sprang up, wincing at the pain.

“Ah, Agent Austin you’re up” I looked up to see a doctor a small smile on his face “We had to bring you down to Madison for military support”

I gave a small nod “Where’s Marie?”

He avoided eye contact “Agent Holland…is in a critical state”

My eyes widened “Will she be okay?”

“We’re worried about her chances of walking again”.

I felt a lump rise in my throat before I could register the tears that were falling “What?”

“We need to get you back to Minnesota as soon as possible, we’ve reported Agent Holland as away…you need to continue with your mission, we’ve only managed to arrest one gang member who is refusing to speak”

“Torture him” I spat, angry that they’d injured Marie so bad she may never walk again.

He sighed “We’re trying to do this as humanely as possible; if he refuses to speak…we may resort to other measures”

“Can I ask his name?”

“Oh” the doctor looked down at his clipboard “Brendon Heyworth”.

Brendon Heyworth. Blake’s dead brother.

*

I was too shocked to speak for about a full minute, my heart beat growing louder, my eyes wide in disbelief.

“Agent Austin? Agent Austin, are you okay?”

I swallowed and turned to the Dr “Sorry...I just…I’m fine”

He didn’t look convinced but nodded slowly “Can I get you anything before we fly you back? Would you like to speak to your parents?”

I shook my head “Can I…Can I speak to the boy?”

The Dr hesitated “He’s under strict security measures; I wouldn’t think you could…”

“Please!” I pleaded “I’m heading this mission and I really need…I need further investigation”

He studied me before sighing “I guess…I guess you could see him for a while…”

“Alone?”

“Agent Holland…”

“Please Dr, give me ten minutes!” I looked at him with pleading eyes as he writhed uncomfortably.

“Alright” he let out a breath “Alright”

I followed him down the military hospital walls, nodding at agents that I passed by. I was scared, I was scared of what I would see; what I would do with what I saw. The Dr stopped at a door with two agents stood on guard.

“Agent Holland is here for investigation”

An agent nodded slowly at me before saying “He’s a tough one, be careful”

I gave a small smile “Thank you”. I pushed open the heavy metal doors that revealed a normal interview room; with a desk and one chair either side. Sat on the chair was a boy, the spitting image of Blake. His clothes were ruffled and dried blood settled on them, his lip was cut and when he looked at me I saw, I saw his blue eyes. I tried not to gasp and slowly made my way to the chair opposite him, our eyes locked together.