Chapter 23

Enjoy this one!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in!” Blake and I took pleasure singing in my car at the top of our lungs grinning at each other in the process. I couldn’t remember a time when I was this happy. I didn’t even know when I was happier: becoming and agent or dating Blake Heyworth. We climbed out of the car at my house my arm looped around his waist he’s over my shoulder I was so oblivious to everything around me, that I didn’t notice a flash Bentley sitting in the drive. It wasn’t until I walked in that I saw a familiar pair of red locks.

“Marie!” I squealed as she hobbled over her left leg in a cast.

“Took you long enough!” she laughed “I thought you went missing”

“Hey Marie” Blake greeted grinning at her

“I’m never going to get you to call me Ms Holland are you?”

He shook his head “Not when you’re best friend’s my future wife” Blake winked at me and I blushed.

Marie froze and shot me a look “Can I talk to you Renee?”

I nodded “I’ll meet you in my room” I told Blake following Marie into the kitchen.

“You told him didn’t you?” she demanded as soon as the door shut.

I refused to meet her gaze.

“RENEE!”

I jumped not used to seeing her angry “Yes”

“Couldn’t you obey one simple instruction? Couldn’t you!”

My eyes watered “I…I”

“You decided to have a little crush and jeopardise our entire mission!”

I was suddenly angry “It’s not just a crush!”

“For god’s sake grow up! He’s not going to stay with you, this isn’t your home!”

“Yes it is!” I shouted “It is!”

“Renee stop being such a baby!”

“I love him” I yelled at her hitting a glass plate to the floor and hearing the crash “I love him and there’s nothing you can do about it!”

I pulled the door open and bumped into something hard. I looked up as the tears streamed down my face “Can we go?” I whispered

Blake nodded pulling me close “Don’t cry sugarplum” his voice soft “Don’t cry”

I hadn’t said a word since Blake had taken me to his house. He’s mom had given me a small smile when I entered “Are you alright honey?” she asked me face full of concern.

I forced a smile “I’m fine thanks” I lay on his bed staring at the ceiling while waiting for Blake to come back.

“Renee?” I jerked my head upwards and found Blake holding a tray of food a cheeky grin on his face.

“What you got there?” I asked him quietly

“I made my girlfriend…” he sat down next to me “Tacos”

I giggled “Tacos?”

“They’re not bad” he assured me taking a bite “See? I didn’t choke”

I laughed and helped myself to one “You’re right” I agreed “Their delicious” I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his softly “Thank you”