Chapter 17

Some of you might not like this chapter...but I'VE REACHED 4,000 READS! It may not seem a lot but to me it's amazing and I can't thank you all enough! Enjoy this chapter...or try to...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Somehow they’d gotten me a flight and I’d flown back to Minnesota that day. I found my car parked ready at the airport, and began the drive home. I couldn’t help but think over what had just occurred. Marie was possibly on her death bed. Jinx was in one of the state’s most dangerous gangs. And Blake’s dead brother was actually alive.

I pulled into the drive to see a body sat on the patio, head in hands. Their head snapped up as they heard my engine rev.

“Where the hell have you been?” Blake demanded “I’ve been here worried sick for two days wondering where you are. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t…”

I didn’t let him finish, I wrapped my arms around his neck and smashed our lips together. He responded almost instantly showing the same urgency I was as his fingers skimmed my waist lightly.

We pulled away gasping and I rested my head forehead against his “I’m sorry”

“What happened?” he whispered, tracing my cheek, his irises swirling.

“I…” what would I say? How could I say it?

“Renee?” I studied his face, tracing the perfect jawline whilst picturing his smirk in place: I ran my fingers through his thick hair, and finally skimmed just underneath his beautiful eyes. I couldn’t do it anymore.

“Can we go somewhere?” I asked “I just…I want to tell you something”

He looked like he was going to ask me a question but stopped himself “I guess…I guess we could go on that date I promised you?”

I managed a small smile in return “Sure”.

We climbed into my car Blake taking the wheel. I rested my head against the window a hollow feeling building up in my stomach.

“Renee?”

I looked up to see Blake’s concerned face staring into mine “Baby what’s wrong?”

That’s when I broke. All the unshed tears began pouring out as he pulled the car over and wrapped his arm around me soothingly.

“I’m sorry” I began “It’s just Marie’s in hospital with serious in injuries and I don’t know what to do and I have something to say but I don’t know how to and I’m scared you’ll hate me and…”

“Hey” he said cutting me off “You can tell me anything”

I shook my head furiously “You’ll hate me…”

“Renee…” and that’s when the bang went off and the glass shattered. I screamed and looked to the side to see the bullet hadn’t hit Blake, and recovering before me he put the car into drive and zoomed off. We were being chased.

“Blake!” I screamed as more bullets went off. He skidded and half drove on the pavement, my sense suddenly kicked in and I whipped out the gun that was locked in the compartment.

Blake’s eyes widened “What the…”

I hung my body out of the window and shot back, ducking back inside swiftly.

“Renee what the hell is going on!”

“Just drive” I shouted shooting out. He didn’t question me. The glass smashed again and I screamed as the bullet scraped my arm.

“Are you alright?”  He asked and I nodded through gritted teeth suddenly furious. I looked back into the compartment for a small micro bomb only used in serious situations.  I threw it out of the window and leaned back in awaiting the bang. It came quickly. Blake skidded furiously cursing under his breath as the car behind us suddenly smoked.

“Quickly, get the hell out of here!”

We pulled into a deserted street about 15 minutes later after a silent ride. Blake looked just as shocked as I felt and I winced at the burn in my hand. Just then my radio beeped signalling a call.  Id didn’t want Blake to find out this way.

“Agent Austin?”

I glanced to the side at Blake to see he’d tensed and wouldn’t look at me.

“Agent Austin!”

“Yes” I replied hoarsely “I’m here”

I didn’t hear what came next, because a hand had reached over and smashed the radio furiously, I jumped back.

“Who the hell are you?” He shouted “Who the hell are you!”

“Blake…”

“No Renee!” he looked so angry I was scared “Is that even your name?”

I nodded, my voice shaking “Yes” he jumped out of the car slamming the door. I rushed out after him, holding unto my bleeding hand.

“Blake! Blake!”

“I don’t want to know!” he yelled whipping around “You’re obviously a lying, deceitful bitch!”

“Blake let me explain!”

“Explain what? That our whole friendship was a joke? That you made me fall in love with a liar!” he shocked the last bit out, furiously wiping off his tears.

Made him fall in love with a liar.

That liar was me.

“It was never a joke to me!” I screamed out as he continued walking “Blake I care about you too much and that is what I was going to tell you!”

“It’s a bit late for that” he spat

“He’s alive” I shouted in a final attempt of desperation “Brendan’s alive!”

“You’re sick!” he roared angrier than I’d ever seen him “You’re sick!”

“Blake…” but it was too much, the pain in my arm was overpowering and my eyes began to cloud over with fatigue. But the biggest pain was the pain in my heart.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope you guys understand why he reacted that way, you've got to understand that if someone you though you could trust has been lying to you it's gotta hurt. Thank you! And don't get fustrated like i usually do and stop reading give it a chance...unlike me...

Read Cooment! Vote! FOLLOW! x

:)