Chapter 24

Yeah I know! I left you hanging...mostly it wasn't my fault because wattpad was down when i was trying to upload. But that was like 5 days ago. So yeah, beat me up virtually with your broomsticks. 

I havn't been working as hard on TTBB, but I'll try and get back into the flow of things. I've mostly been thinking about starting a new story, with only a character and no plot in mind...yeah i know. 

Please comment and vote, it motivates me more than you can imagine and certainly helps with quicker uploads ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I couldn’t sleep and was startled up by a ringing noise coming from my computer. My Skype was kept on all the time in the case of emergency agency calls. Confused I accepted the call from ‘The Headquarters’.

A woman appeared on screen, she had greying her and a physique to show for a lifetime of work for the FBI.

“Hello?”

She seemed to stare me out before saying rather snottily “Patricia Donovan, Managerial Post in Prosecution”

I raised my eyebrows amused “To what do I owe this pleasure Agent Donovan”

She leaned into the screen her eyes piercing into mine “I know you have a connection with that boy, I know you’re trying to prove him innocent, don’t ask me why…I KNOW”

“Excuse me?”

She sighed “I’m not messing around Agent Austin, going against your agency is considered the breaking of law and we could stand you before the court”

I gave a humourless laugh “You’re joking me!”

“Agent Austin!” she snapped.

“He’s innocent!” I retaliated “And there’s nothing you can do to prove him guilty, I’ve gathered evidence and CCTV footage shows him doing nothing but sitting in a car! He has been forced…”

“He’s a criminal” Agent Donovan screamed down the line “Brendan Heyworth is a thug!”

“He’s innocent” I hissed “And I’m willing to do everything to prove it!”

“They killed my son!” her eyes were murderous “Those thugs killed my son!”

Before I could reply she’d cut of the line…and I feared deeply for Brendan’s safety.

I picked up my phone and called a number I had on speed dial.

“Hey Sugarplum”.

*

“So what I’m supposedly hearing” Blake asked me frowning “Is that we’re going into a SECURE FBI facility with all entrances guarded by SECURITY guards attempting to break out a criminal?”

“Stop stressing the SECURE” I snapped “And that criminal is your brother!” Blake sighed, running his hand through his hair whilst yawning as he continued to drive through Madison City at 3am in the morning.  When I called him, I had asked him to pack an overnight bag and used my Agent benefits to book an emergency first class ticket.

“This rental car is no good for the runaway mission I had planned” he pulled a face “I had blueprints and everything”

I narrowed my eyes “Blake Samuel Heyworth please be serious!”

He grinned at me “I love it when you say my name like that”

I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help the small smile playing on my lips “Shut up and drive”