Chapter 34

This wasn't really expected, it just came to me...enjoy it! Or well try to. Oh and please steer clear from any sharp objects while reading this. Thanks ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*

“I can’t believe we’re back already” I sighed as both I and Blake strolled hand in hand to the entrance of our high school. We’d left Paris the day after the exhibition and had returned on a Sunday night. Marie was angry I’d extended my time away without informing her, so forced me to go to school with jet lag.

I was currently being supported by Blake who wrapped his arm firmly around me “I told you we should’ve skipped”

I stopped abruptly “No you never!”

He shrugged before smirking “My mum’s at work…”

I slapped his hand away “I think you’re using me for your needs”

He laughed “That have suddenly become more frequent”

“Well you’re not having any of this” I waved my hands around my body for emphasis.

“I’ll give you a lap dance” he offered.

It didn’t take a millisecond for me to make up my mind “Let’s go” we laughed as we headed back to my car.

“Renee!” I turned around startled at the desperate voice that called me.

Lia ran towards me pale as ever gulping “Renee…I need to talk to you”

“Now?” I looked back at Blake in disappointment, but knew I had to talk to Lia.

She nodded “It’s urgent”

“Can’t it wait?” I slapped Blake on the arm at his brutality.

“Not it can’t” I smiled at Lia “How about we head off for some coffee”

She nodded looking relieved “I’d like that”

Blake sighed kissing me quickly “I’ll see you later?”

I brought his head back to mine resting our foreheads together before whispering “You owe me a lap dance”

“How could I forget babygirl” he pulled away winking before heading in the direction of the school building.

I turned to Lia “Ready?”

*

“You’re WHAT!”

She groaned quietly “You heard me Renee”. We were sat in Starbucks, Caramel Mocha’s and Blueberry muffins separating us across the oak table. I smiled apologetically at the old couple sat at the next table. Other than that, it was empty.

I shook my head “I don’t understand”

She sighed impatiently “I said Renee; I’m pregnant, and it’s not Cody’s”

“I heard you” I hissed in mutual irritation “But what I don’t understand is why you would cheat on the guy you love!”

She remained silent for a few seconds “It wasn’t the first time”

My eyes bugged out of my head.

“Yes Renee, I’m aware that I’m the most inconsiderate human being…”

“You got that right” I snapped, I imagined Cody’s rejected expression if she ever told him.

She sighed “I just…he gets me okay? I thought Cody did…heck I even thought I loved the guy but, he’s nothing more than my best friend!”