Chapter 18

Hi! I'm sorry for the long wait!All of the comments and the votes mean the world to me and i would go to each of you in turn and bake you cookies but I seriously don't have that much spare time...trst me. 

Keep reading and COMMENT definitly COMMent. Just for fun, comment with a question you might have for one of the characters and again THANK YOU!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up tucked into my bed. My arm was bandaged up and I’d been changed into my pyjamas. It was then I remembered. Blake. I rushed downstairs thinking he might still be there, waiting. It was empty. I sank into the sofa, the tears still flowing. The phone rang and I was forced to get up and answer.

“Hello? Renee?”

“It’s me” I answered, my voice thick from the tears.

“Oh thank God!” my mother sounded as though she had been crying herself “We got a call! There was an attack? I’m coming to get you!”

“No mom!” there was a silence.

“Renee? Are you okay?”

“No mom…” I repeated breaking down once again.

“Tell me everything”. So I did, from the attack in the club to the hospital; from the reappearance of Blake’s brother to the shooting. And lastly I told her about the point where he walked out of my life.

“You give him space” she told me confidently “And then you’ll explain everything to him”

“But…”

“What if he doesn’t want you?” she said finishing my question “Well then he’s a fool”

“Okay” I whispered

“And remember why you’re there Renee, you’re only going to leave him…” I didn’t say anything in reply, I just stared at the white walls.

“I’ll speak to you later”

“Bye”. I cut off, staring at the clock on the wall. It was 6 o clock on a Sunday afternoon. I lay down into the couch and cried myself to sleep.

*

My car was smashed up in some road, and I’d forgotten to request a new one from the agency. So I walked to school. I’d dragged myself out of bed settling on a plain tee and Capri pants. I arrived just before the bell and ignored the pupils milling around me as I pushed my way to Homeroom.

“Renee!” Ashley bounded towards me her smile dropping when she glimpsed my face.

“Hi” I tried to smile but I couldn’t force my lips upwards.

“Renee are you okay?”

My eye filled with tears at her concern “Ash…” she pulled my into a hug then proceeded to drag me away and out of the school building.

“Where are we going?”

“I’m driving you home” Ashley stated firmly “Where we can drown both our sorrows in ice cream and you can tell me what’s wrong”.

*

It was 2 days since I’d showed up at school. After Ashley dragged me home and I half told her the truth saying that me and Blake had had an argument, I’d stayed home and sat thinking about him. I didn’t know how much space he needed but I promised Lou that I’d come and see her. And I was going to keep my promise. I hauled the huge black bag filled with Barbie’s out from underneath my bed, and proceeded to the temporary car I had received. It was a small Volvo, and I threw the black bag in the boot. My heart beat accelerated the closer I got to Blake’s house, and by the time I parked in the driveway my palms were sweating.