Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

ESTHER'S POV

"What was your last relationship like?" Louis asked. I immediately froze.

*flashback*

I was sitting at the table in the restaurant waiting for Jake to get here. We had been dating for two years. We had known each other all of our lives. We were neighbors growing up. He is my best guy friend. We had a date tonight. We were perfect for each other. Rosie, my best friend told me she saw him in the mall with some other girl but I didn't believe her. My Jake wouldn't do that to me. We were meant to be together, forever. I know it sounds cheesy but he is my prince charming. He had just walked in. I stood up and hugged him giving him a kiss on the cheek. He looked at me tentatively. What was wrong with him?

"Hey Esther, we have to talk about some things." He started not looking at me. what is wrong with him?!

"What is it Jake?" I asked immediately getting worried. What happened? Is it something with his family?

"I think we should break up." He said. As soon as the words left his mouth I froze. Rosie had been right. I couldn't believe it! I thought we were going to be that cute couple everyone talks about. You know the high school sweetheart couple. But I guess not.

"Why?" I barely got out. I could feel tears coming. He still wasn't looking at me. He is such a coward.

"I met someone else." He said as if it was obvious and it was no big deal. There was no emotion in his voice. He didn't care. He didn't care that he just ripped my heart out and stomped on it. He is such a douche bag!

"How long were you planning on cheating on me? Before you broke up with me for real that is?" I asked acidly. He looked at me finally with a confused expression. "Rosie saw you in the mall with some other girl. I thought she was wrong because I trusted you. We are so done. You are such an ass hole. Don't ever come near me again! Do you hear me!? Goodbye Jake." I yelled in his face. With that I stormed out of the restaurant, tears already starting to run down my cheeks. I hope I could get home before the sobs started coming.

I jumped in my car and drove home. Once I parked my car in the driveway I ran inside ignoring all the questions my family asked. I ran up the stairs slammed the door to my room, collapsed on my bed and sobbed into my pillows. After a couple of minutes I sat up wiping my face. I stared around my room. There were pictures of me and him everywhere. I stood up and ran around my room ripping all of the pictures off of the walls, tearing them to shreds, but I didn't care. After I was done destroying my room, I laid back on my bed and continued to sob. I could hear my two younger sisters, Charlie and Rubie banging on the door wondering what was wrong. There was only one person in this entire world that I would open up my door for, Steve, my brother. But he was halfway across the United States at college and I hadn't heard from him in three years.

*end of flashback*

I was full out sobbing into my legs as I had my knees drawn up to my chest. I was lost in my own little suckish memory land when I heard my name.

"Esther?"

"Esther are you alright?"

 "Was it something we said?"

All the boys were firing questions at me. I barely lifted my head out of my legs to look at all of them. Harry, Liam and Zayn looked confused, Louis looked ashamed, and Niall just looked worried and hurt. I kept my eyes on Niall.

"Are you alright?" Niall asked.

"Yes. No. I don't know." I said burying my head again as I continued to cry. I felt Niall move his hand to my back as he rubbed it in circles, trying to sooth me. I leaned into him, he was providing the comfort I had needed for a long time now.

"Was it something we said?" he asked.

I shook my head violently feeling dizzy again. "No." I sniffled. "The question just brought up bad memories." I finished sniffling again.

Want to talk about it?" Niall asked.

I shook my head again. "No that will just make me cry more. I'll explain later, that is if there is a later?" I laughed slightly through the tears. I yawned again.

"Oh, there will definitely be a later." Niall said smiling, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"I think we have asked enough questions. We should probably get going." Liam said.

"But only if you're sure you are ok." Niall added onto the end.

I smiled at his concern. "I'm fine I'm just really tired and emotionally run down." I said. They all stood and gave me awkward hugs because I was sitting on the couch still. I got situated for bed on the couch as they gathered their things. I laid down on the couch Phil jumping up on the end of the and laying on my feet keeping them warm, like usual. Chunk and Babbs came and laid by my head. The boys were at the door now and I waved to them. I could already feel my eyelids drooping. They left and I fell into a wonderful sleep full of One Direction.