Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

ESTHER'S POV

 "Okay... are you comfortable?" I asked Andee as we situated her on the couch.

"Yeah..." she sighed.

"Are you hungry?" Niall asked. I rolled my eyes at my boyfriend... of course he would ask that question.

"No thanks." She shrugged and then winced in pain. "Uuugghhh..... I need to make a list of all the stuff I can't do." She frowned.

**

"Hey we're gonna go out..." Harry said as he came down the stairs with the other boys.

I was sitting on the couch next to a sleeping Andee. Rosie followed closely behind all of the boys

"I'm going to stay with Andee." I said trying to smile.

Today has been terrible. We brought Andee home yesterday and it has been the worst twenty four hours of my life. The medication that Andee is on makes her not want to eat anything. And if she takes it on an empty stomach it makes her throw up. She has to sleep sitting up and she never smiles. Her arm is in a sling and she can't move it. She is miserable and I can tell. Do you know how upsetting it is to see someone you care about so much to be in so much pain? It's the worst feeling in the world. Knowing that there's nothing I can do to make it better. Andee is my best friend. We are always there for each other and I feel like I am failing her right now. Seeing her smile makes me smile. Hearing her giggle makes me giggle. She hasn't smiled since she was in the hospital. She is so depressed and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, I can think of to make her happy.

"Essi?" Niall's hand was waving in front of my face as he was crouched down in front of the couch I was sitting on.

"Oh.... Sorry. I was just thinking...." I sighed as he smiled slightly.

"Is it okay that we're going out? We won't be gone long but if you want I will stay here with you and Andee?" he suggested as he stood up, pulled me with him and hugged me. I buried my face in his chest and took a deep breath. He always smells so good. His chin rested on the top of my head as his strong arms constricted around my small body.

"No... that's okay." I smiled slightly into his shirt at how caring he is. "You go have fun. But not too much fun." I poked his chest teasingly as I pulled away from the hug.

"Okay." He smiled as he kissed my cheek and then joined everyone else outside.

**

            "Ess?" I heard a croak from the other end of the couch. I was just staring at a spot on the wall for about twenty minutes straight.

"Yeah?" I asked as I shook my head and glanced over at Andee.

"I-I-I... I think...." She started. I jumped up and held the bucket to her face as she puked into it. I pulled the bucket away when she was done and went to clean it out.

When I was done I walked back in and brought some plain toast and a glass of juice. She needs something in her system. When I got back to the living room there were tears streaming down her cheeks as she snuggled a pillow to her chest with her left arm.

"What's wrong Andee?" I asked as I set down her food next to her.

"I hate this...." She sniffled before burying her face into the pillow.

"I know... I was this exact same way after my knee surgery..." I petted her head.

She pulled her head out of the pillow and looked up at me. "When do things start to go back to normal?" she sniffled and I handed her a tissue.