Chapter 54

CHAPTER 54

ESTHER'S POV

I threw my bag onto the floor of the living room and plopped onto the couch. I'm exhausted... I just got home from my trip with my family to my aunt and uncle's house up in Chicago. We left at six thirty this morning and now I need a nap... I closed my eyes, resting my forearm on my forehead and sighing.

 I drove the whole three hours back because my mom was tired. She begged me to drive because she needs to look through her cookbooks to decide what she's making tomorrow. I've agreed to make all of the desserts, much to my own objection... baking makes me sad now but my mother was literally on her knees begging. She claims she cannot make desserts but that's not true and she knows it. She just wants me to start baking again...

I let out a massive yawn when my phone vibrated in my back pocket. I rolled over to get it out of my pocket and forgot I was on a couch. I landed on the hard wood floor with a loud thump, but there was no way I was waking up Andee in her room, I swear, that girl could sleep through world war III. I groaned before pulling my phone out of my pocket, with a frown on my face until I read the message.

My Irish Him <3: Are you home yet Darlin? I want to see you.

-just got back, I'm exhausted... sing me to sleep?

My Irish Him <3: of course, baby <3 be there in ten.

I sighed and stood to put my pajamas back on. I turned on the TV and waited for my Prince to show up at the door.

Right on time there was a knock on the door. I smiled and got up to answer it. I pulled open the door to Niall, guitar in hand, steaming beverages in the other.

"My prince charming." I smiled up at him and moved in to hug him. He chuckled because he couldn't hug me back. I pouted and removed the coffee from his hand then put his guitar on the couch. I pulled him into the room rather harshly and jumped into his arms.

"Hey princess..." Niall sighed as he tightened his arms around me. He buried his face in my neck and I felt his lips move into a smile against my skin. After he loosened his grip he set me back on my feet and I grabbed a hold of his collar, pulling his face down to mine. He was confused at first but caught on quickly. Our foreheads touched and then our noses.

"I missed you..." I sighed before connecting our lips. His hands wrapped into my hair and mine moved to his chest. Our lips moved in sync and he tilted his head, deepening the kiss. My hands moved to his hair as I pulled away. He kept his eyes closed and he kept out foreheads together. I ran my fingers through his un-styled blonde hair and smiled.  

"I missed you too Darlin'" he whispered as he opened his eyes. "Why are you so tired?" he chuckled as I yawned. He scooped me up in his arms and sat down on the couch, me in his lap. I set my head against his chest and sighed as his big, protective arms constricted around me.

"I don't know..." I sighed. "I drove all the way home..." I yawned again, snuggling closer to his warm body as he started to draw patterns on my back with his fingers.

"There's more than that Darlin'." He chuckled. "You can tell me anything..." he said as he laid his head on top of mine.

I sighed before telling him the truth, I can't hide anything from him, he knows me too well. "Mama wants me to bake everything for Thanksgiving tomorrow..."  I opened my eyes and played with the fabric covering his chest and torso.

"Isn't that a good thing?" he asks, tilting my chin up to look him in the eyes.

"It just makes me sad, I haven't baked since..." I trail off, not even able to say it.